Looking for advice

Hannahhh

Non-member
Has anyone found a good way to keep sea urchins from carrying frags off of frag racks? I love my urchin and it does a fantastic job cleaning my tank, but every single day he carries off zoa frags and drops them in random (and usually hard to reach) places. I don’t want to glue the frags down, any other ideas??

I had to get rid of mine. My reefing life has been so much better off with out her. I did like her a lot she was pretty, pink and purple one.

I had to get rid of mine. My reefing life has been so much better off with out her. I did like her a lot she was pretty, pink and purple one.
Mine are just the basic white ones. They do a better job on the algae in my tank than the rest of my cleanup crew combined.

You can get 3d printed hats for them. Urchins carry things as a defense mechanism.

You can get 3d printed hats for them. Urchins carry things as a defense mechanism.
Lol my boyfriend suggested the same. They have no shortage of rubble and empty frag plugs to carry around, they just always go for the ones with expensive zoas

I have 2 black long spine ones that were great at eating algae, but they would bite 1/4 inch chunks off my frags. They now live in my sump, and the algae is growing back.

Back