Looking for feedback from people who did AI sol to AI vega upgrade

bill120mph

Non-member
I am considering upgrading my Sol blues to Vegas .. Has anyone here done it? was it worth the $$
I have a 180 display with 6 sol blues on it and fins LPS for the most part are not that happy.
Please keep this to the upgrade question and not any other lighting.
Thank you in advance!
Bill

I did it and I don't regret it. The colors are definately better (I put a Sol and a Vega side by side) and I did some par measurements too. The Vegas have a more even spread of par with 80 degree lenses. The Sols have more punch for deeper tanks but that higher par is in a concentrated area. That might be why some of your LPS are not happy. There is a lot more control with the Vegas as well. It was the look with the side by side comparison that really sold me though.

I wonder what you mean by not happy. I have 4 sol blues on a 180 for about a year and a half and have had no trouble.

From what it seems though people have been buying new lights and selling the sols used rather than upgrading.

I did it and I don't regret it. The colors are definately better (I put a Sol and a Vega side by side) and I did some par measurements too. The Vegas have a more even spread of par with 80 degree lenses. The Sols have more punch for deeper tanks but that higher par is in a concentrated area. That might be why some of your LPS are not happy. There is a lot more control with the Vegas as well. It was the look with the side by side comparison that really sold me though.
Thank you! this is input i need!
Did you have to change your settings after? I can only run my sols up to 30% so far or my lps all shrink/close my sps is loving it even at 30%

I wonder what you mean by not happy. I have 4 sol blues on a 180 for about a year and a half and have had no trouble.

From what it seems though people have been buying new lights and selling the sols used rather than upgrading.

Thanks for responding my lps are
closing/ not opening and lost an open brain. I had to move them to shady areas of the tank.

The Sols and now the Vegas ramp up to 100% for 5 hours a day. I never had any negative effects or bleaching on anything.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Back