Lost a fish the other night

stingythingy45

BRS Member
No big deal as it was a very large blue devil damsel that I've had for over 3 yrs. now.
She was one of my first fish that I got at Petco years back.
Wasn't really a nuisance fish,as in aggressive,but did dig some pretty impressive holes in the sand bed.
Not sure why it dies.Seemed a little bloated,but was eating well and seemed strong the night before.All the other fish and corals look fine.

Scientific Name : Chrysiptera cyanea

Common Names : Blue Damselfish, Blue Devil Damsel

Care Level : Easy - although it can be a very hardy fish and some use them to cycle their tanks, we don't recommend this practice and it's easier and quicker to cycle a tank with live rock.

Size : Up to 2.5 inches (6 cm)

Life span : 5 years or longer

Maybe it died of old age.

I just got mine out of the tank. I had 3 1 male and 2 females. they were bullies! couldnt get any new fish with them in there. the male dug a very nice cave under the rocks that i will stare a goby towards in the future. since getting rid of them i have gotten a blue tang and a mandarin. all are doing very well and the mand is eating prepared foods already.

I just got mine out of the tank. I had 3 1 male and 2 females. they were bullies! couldnt get any new fish with them in there. the male dug a very nice cave under the rocks that i will stare a goby towards in the future. since getting rid of them i have gotten a blue tang and a mandarin. all are doing very well and the mand is eating prepared foods already.

Mine was only aggressive to the yellow tail damsel.
It would only chase it for a while and then leave it alone.The undermining of the rock was my biggest problem with that fish.
I couldn't keep anything on the sand bed as it would push it away from it's cave and cover everything with sand.

Back