BRS Member
So my tank consists of
4 ocellaris
Neon dottyback
Green mandarin
Snowflake EEL
Domino damsel
2 blue damsels

About 3 weeks ago I lost 1 blue damsel his fins looked all shredded. I was thinking one of the other damsels. Now the other blue damsel has a shredded looking fin and is barely swimming.

What do you think is it the Domino damsel? I figure the eel would just eat him not shred his fin. Or do I have some fish disease in my tank ?

I would guess the Domino. That said, dominoes are not shy about their aggression and you would likely see it chasing the other fish and nipping at it

I agree. Most likely the other damsel. Even fish twice the size aren’t as happy swimming in the open. My two stripe? Damsel is most aggressive towards the blue damsel. After that it chases my small singled out clown and kind of chases everyone else.

I had an eel kill a larger pinstripe wrasse. They will only do it for food. My wrasse was about half gone.

I really don’t think damsels are great for our reef tanks. The rest of our inhabitants are that big of a-holes!

The only other guess is the clowns are getting ready to lay clutches and being extra territorial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

personally I like the yellowtail blue damsel and chromis. I would definitely stay away from any of the damsels that get larger.

Damsels are nasty little aggressive bastards. If they had fingers they would be school shooters.

I moved him to my lower 30 gal tank and he died. I’m thinking you guys may be right. The clowns have gotten bigger and there never apart. They are probably the culprit. What can I do about that I fear that anything I put in there going to abuse.

Back