Lost Fish

mvallee

Non-member
My beautiful Blue throat trigger is just plain missing, tank is healthy, fish are all happy, no stress and my Blue throat just goes missing :( .

When it started getting hot I took two of the three glass tops off and I have to assume he jumped, no evidence of him around but I do have two cats and two dogs so could have become a snack, he was to big and healthy to have died in the tank and me not notice.

So disappointed beside the loss of one of my favorite fish I am afraid to take the chance to add another, he was peaceful, did not touch coral, never bothered anyone other than a flasher wrasse I added once. Right now all the fish get along so well almost no squabbling, what to do what to do

Just kinda of bummed and wanted to vent.

Ah man that's terrible, likely a snack for someone as its too big to not notice it in the tank.

Sorry homie

If you lost him, I'm sorry for your loss. It's a terrible thing to lose a great pet like that.

Have you checked the overflow or sump or any other areas? I can't believe a fish that size could disappear without a trace, even if a cat or dog was involved.

Thanks everyone
I looked in the overflows tonight, I was really hoping, I put some food in there and shone a flashlight but no movement, I might pull the drains in the overflows just to be sure this weekend.

I have the top screen kit from BRS but they were out of spline and never followed up, feel pretty crappy now. I should be able to get some at Lowes and get that going this weekend too.

I lost my bluethroat about 2 months ago to jumping out of my tank. Only reason the dogs didn't get him was he was in the skinny part in the back. Sorry to hear about your loss.

It is v. depressing when you lose one of your favorite. I just lost an extreme white helmet picasso. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437061667.386985.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1437061675.390747.jpg
I looked everywhere (overflow, around the tank -even though it has a canopy-, sump and not a body in trace). I keep wondering if my anenome ate it. Ughh.... Such a dad lost :(

Hopefully the dogs or cats don't get sick! My English bulldog has eaten 2 jumpers and she became violently sick for 2 days each time! The first fish she ate was a six line wrasse and the last one she ate was an algae blenny. I'd keep searching, hopefully you can find it before the animals do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well no longer lost but definitely dead, just could not get over that he just disappeared so when I got home tonight pulled the down tube in my overflow and he came floating up, must have jumped in swam down and got stuck, definitely a small space for a fish his size.
I Feel better knowing but still stinks because I know if I had covers that would not have happened.

Luckily I got him out he did have a pretty good stink going and that would not have been bad for the tank in a couple days. I will be changing out my carbon now but wanted to share.

Now to figure out if I want to replace with another trigger, Blue Throat or Red tail or try something else or leave the tank as is, it is so peaceful right now and hate to upset the balance.

Back