Magnesium Test Kits

Mixed Reefer

BRS Member
So just curious what everyone is using to test their magnesium. I’m looking to see if there is a better option than what I’m using to test my magnesium with. I have a hard time with color changing test kits. I’m currently testing magnesium in my tank with Aquaforest. Sometimes I feel that my results are inconsistent. Yes the kit is not expired. Just need something new to try. So what is your favorite magnesium test kit? Thanks
image.jpg

@Mixed Reefer I’m a die hard red sea test user. I tried aquaforest when Bulk reef supply was pushing them and like you said inconsistent. Red sea is easy peasy

Red Sea Pro, but honestly haven't tested in months due to monthly ATI ICP tests.
Nice thanks. Used Red Sea prior was ok. Looking for something better! On the other hand just purchased ATI test. It will be interesting what my results will be.

Salifert, but I've also used red sea; in both cases, i find a pretty big variance but it doesn't matter too much given mg levels don't need to be super precise

Bulk reef did a video demonstrating and comparing all of the big name magnesium test kits. I don't remember what the punch line was, but it's worth a look.

Yes I looked there before posting. Bulkreef needs to make another video because that one is from 2019. Thanks though

Back