Managing Tissue Necrosis by Mike Paletta | Reef Builders Article

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
This is a great article, especially the Cipro treatment and the detailed observations and measurements documented.
Just in my own personal opinion, the 2nd treatment of Cipro at higher dose made sense to me.
500 mg of Cipro in 100 gallon of water volume loaded with coral in a matured system still seems low to me.
Thank you very much for sharing.

This is a great article, especially the Cipro treatment and the detailed observations and measurements documented.
Just in my own personal opinion, the 2nd treatment of Cipro at higher dose made sense to me.
500 mg of Cipro in 100 gallon of water volume loaded with coral in a matured system still seems low to me.
Thank you very much for sharing.
Here's another artcle from Andre Mueller of Reef Moonshiners:

I will not dose witch hazel in my tank. I looked into this thing for a while, using it as a dip is fine but no advantage over other dips, basically it is giving coral an alcohol bath due to the high % of alcohol in it. Dosing it into a tank actually is like carbon dosing due to the alcohol. It actually promotes bacteria growth. The poor antibacterial properties of witch hazel will not compare to Cipro.

For those of us who can’t get Cipro I’ve read that Oxolinic Acid is an adequate substitute. For some reason, I can’t seem to find any recommendations for dosing. I read that it is weaker than Cipro, but I’m not sure if that is a fact. Anyone have any information?

Last edited:
Back