March Meeting! - 2010 BRS Annual Auction!

Dave McReeferson

laurifer crustulum
Member Donated Livestock and Equipment Auction

Date: March 7 Sunday - Noon - 5 PM
Time: 12:15 PM Registration Starts
12:45 PM Bidding Begins
2:00-2:15 PM Break for Pizza

Bridgewater Vets Club
85 Cottage St.
Bridgewater, MA

Directions

Auction forum here with photographs and descriptions of some of the items that will be at auction (there are usually many last minute donations).

Please send your donation info and photos (photos not required but VERY helpful!) to [email protected].
Please include in the email...
Your Name
Username
Item donated
Photo of the item (again, not required, but big bonus!)

Food

Pizza will be served (given the nature of the event, and the money it generates for the club, the pizza is complimentary).
Livestock Donations:
It's time to dig into your frag collection and find the unusual stuff that will generate a lot of interest at auction. Corals, fish, or invertebrates will all be accepted, but please make sure what you donate is something that there will be a market for. Large, non-reef-safe fish, or invertebrates might not sell well.

Equipment Donations:
New or used reef equipment will be accepted. We generally try to keep it to equipment for the hobby though, don't try and dump that ole' busted up fridge that doesn't work anymore on us. ;) :p (We will make exceptions on this if it is judged by the BoD to be something that might generate sufficient interest. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If you do have something "off topic" to donate, please give us as much lead time as possible.)

If possible please try to clean up the whatever it is you donate to maximize bidder appeal, and therefore the item's earning potential. Be certain to also make sure you supply accurate information about the equipment (eg. needs new pump, runs fine, tank leaks but...), this helps the auctioneer to properly describe what people are bidding on.

Free admission
Bidding paddles cost - Free to members, $10 for non-members (for another $10, you can become a member!)

Note: 1 bidding paddle per couple/family please

Settling up your tab
We will have a PayPal station available for payments, and checks will be accepted (from up to date paid members only). Obviously, cash is also an acceptable means of payment.

ALL proceeds from the auction go entirely to the funding of the club's day to day upkeep and it's many activities.

Donation Pickup Needed?
For those of you who would like to donate to the auction but are unable to attend the event, please PM a BoD member and we will do our best to find a volunteer to get your item/s to the auction.The sooner you can let us know, the better, as it will make it tougher to find someone the closer it gets to auction day!

**Please note: Per usual, there is no frag swap at the auction.

This should be a very exciting and fun event! I hope you all can make it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to ask again.....

Hi everyone......

For those that don't know, I'd like to take the the opportunity to remind you all that our annual member's Auction is this coming Sunday, March 7th.

I'm putting this message out as a call to remind you to please consider donating. It is the primary fundraiser for the club for the year, and we need your help, both as donors AND as bidders :D

Look at your colonies, frag racks, storage bins, fish rooms, and see what you can part with for the benefit of the club. If you can donate, but can't come to the auction, send a BOD member a PM, and we'll try and figure out how to get them picked up.

The sooner we have pictures of items, the sooner we can get them here, and the more interest we can generate for the club.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, and thanks!

Addmission

"Free admission
Bidding paddles cost - Free to members, $10 for non-members (for another $10, you can become a member!)

Note: 1 bidding paddle per couple/family please"

Are we saying that non members must pay $10 to bid with or without a paddle?

This is Just one more perk for being a paid member. It is well worth the 20.00 yearly membership fee.
Michelle

I wouldn't call that a perk. What I would call it is a dis service all members who are try to sell/auction their goods.

I wouldn't call that a perk. What I would call it is a dis service all members who are try to sell/auction their goods.

I think you mis understand how the auction works.

The members make donation to the club, of which the club auctions off the donation to raise money for the groups activities and services provided. Such as the forum you are posting on.

Many thing are provided for free to the general public but members do have certain perks. One of which is to get into the Auction free of charge. and why not they paid money to provide everything the BRS has to offer. You've paid nothing but want the same treatment.

Personally I would thank the people who made this all possible comment removed.

Lastly no one is forcing you to be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess I will never understand this, but is 5 1/2 cents a day to belong to this club that much of a big deal......:confused:

Jim

I think you miss read the part where all items auctioned are donations to the club first. There are no BRS members using the auction to make a profit they are doing it to support the club.

popcorn.gif

Back