Maxima clam question

letoan

Non-member
I got this maxima more than a month now. Doesn't matter which rock I placed him on, he keep on jumping off. Everyday I relocated him to a different rock, to the point that he don't look good anymore.

Anyone have this problem?

Try placing on a flat rock that is laid on sand bed. Typically moving a lot means its not happy where it is. By placing on a flat rock on sand, or even a small rubble pile at least if it falls its not bad. Have you checked its foot for possible pyramentilid(sp) snails or other damage? Maybe a dip could help

Try placing on a flat rock that is laid on sand bed. Typically moving a lot means its not happy where it is. By placing on a flat rock on sand, or even a small rubble pile at least if it falls its not bad. Have you checked its foot for possible pyramentilid(sp) snails or other damage? Maybe a dip could help

I don't see his foot anymore. Dip with what?

if you have enough light.... place it on a flat rock as NHemmasreef said it. If doesn't work try to place it between two rocks so it doesn't have anywhere to go. that's how I did it with mine.

maxima clams can be sensitive to water conditions so you might want to check them if your clam is starting to suffer. Also im pretty sure you should almost never dip a clam, maybe a quick fresh water dip for pinched mantle but that is about it.

Like the others said, if your light is strong, you might want to keep it either on a rock on the bottom or in the sand. I keep one in the sand and it seems quite happy

Back