micro bubbles or suspended silt or something.

BoArDwAxStYlE

Non-member
I have alot of micro bubbles or suspended silt or something.
I think its silt of some kind, from looking into the tank it seems to cling to the surface however both of my loc lines blow away from the front of the overflow. so i think they are keeping whatever it is from being sucked down into the sump.
I will update this more in the morning as its late and im too tired to keep looking for a answer.

p.s. Its whats already in the tank thats a problem i dont see any bubbles coming in from the return lines.

As it turns out i think i was running to much of a turnover rate, I dialed my pump back about 50% and now no bubbles. Or at least the level they were at before. Im going to wait a few hours to see if things clear up.

Just curious what is everyones turnover rate? I was going for a 10x turnover, but now closer to about 6x. Im using hydors for flow, not return lines.
Now my durso makes no noise at all, but ive done a few mods. Whole system is silent. not quiet, SILENT. I can hear the fan on my xbox over my system. All it makes is a small buzz from skimmer.

Back