Mojano Anemone?

bimmernoob

Non-member
Hey guys, I don't post here often but I have a small concern with a new critter I found in my tank.

It's very small right now, and I first noticed it on a tiny rock I got with my leather coral from the LPS. Since then it's moved off that rock, and onto this new home.

It's very pretty, and I've heard some say it's a mojano anemone and to kill it ASAP.. and others say it isn't, and it's a safer anemone.

I've attached a picture of it. It's not the best quality, but it is the best I could get with my phone. It's green with little pink tips, you'll notice in person, not so much the photo.https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10335768_511170982321995_1498315897_n.jpg?oh=3bca0e88d31b0b55581abc100630190a&oe=53628CF3

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Peppermint shrimp took out mine. That is def the nicest looking one I have seen haha. Looks exactly like a rainbow bubble tip from that pic. Can you get a better pic by chance. I'm sure the others are right that's its bad but just to make sure before you kill a 30+ dollar nem.

If you are not sure what it is, isolate. There are some really nice mojanos that looks like mini multicolor bta, but spread like crazy.

Not to keep bringing it up, but are you sure that is a Mojano? I did not think Tulip Nems got bubbles on their tips.
I still say it looks like a multicolor BTA! Is there some shape/mark that you can tell that is a Mojano instead of a BTA?

Last edited:
Not to keep bringing it up, but are you sure that is a Mojano? I still say it looks like a multicolor BTA! Is there some shape/mark that you can tell that is a Mojano instead of a BTA?

Looks like a regular BTA to me as well. I had a couple small green/pink mojanos in my original 120DT that were VERY small and looked cool under moonlights; they didn't look like this though. This does look like some of the smaller/baby BTAs I had in the 40B setup I was running; I had some babies drop that were smaller than a pencil eraser.

OP doesn't really state what size it is, and it's hard to tell from the picture.

If it were me I'd either leave it alone or isolate it to a sump/etc.

I've seen lots of manjos with bubble tips. They often do look like little BTAs except that manjo bubble tips are usually round without the little nipple looking thing you often see on BTAs. The one in the pic does seem to have the nipple looking things, so I agree it could be a tiny BTA.

Back