Monster tank

jpmcc19

Non-member
OK well I have recieved a few quotes from a few different company's. I am wondering your opinions on quality and glass vs acrylic.

I have to change from a monster L tank to a strieght 10' tank. there was no way to get it into my house. So the new dimentions are going to be 120x48x36. somewere in the ball park of 850gl to 900 gl. I didnt reach my 1000gl goal but I am close.

The 2 companys I am looking to go with are Tenekor.
E:\Fish tank\Tenecor Aquarium Fish Tanks -The World's Finest Custom Acrylic Aquariums.htm

the other is Aquarium Obsessed http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/

Tenecor is acrylic I dont know much about the quality, this is what I am hopeing you guys can help me with. Aquarium obsessed is the other they are all glass, starfie glass is a standard. and I know a few of you have used them befor. The benifit of aquarium obsessed is they can do the external overflows witch I am a big fan of.

Well i am going to stop with my opinians there and let you guys give me yours. they are both within a couple hundred bucks in price so it is going to be your opinion that guides me one way or the other. Thanks again Mac

wow...big tank!!...BTW...that translates to big coin to run....Have you thought of that???

Nice, when we buy a house I want a 120x24x24 or longer if I can
That is going to be one beast of a tank!!!

I personally would/am going to get a glass tank from AO and want to do an external overflow box that runs the whole back of the tank

GLASS all the way.....acrylic scratches if you look at it funny, you don't want to have all that money in a wicked sweet reef then later be like dang....this acrylic is destroyed.

Just my opinion, but think long and hard about acrylic it has no advantages other than its lighter and easy to drill, for what that's worth. Some say its a bit more clear than glass, but if so, thats a short lived advantage since micro scratches soon appear with normal cleaning giving a dull fog look. I agree with aquaman68, be sure you know what your getting into and the high expense of a tank like this.

Jim

;)For all the critics out there yes I know it is going to be some coin not only to get this tank up and running but to also keep and maintain it. This isnt my rist rodeo in the fish department.

Also I am sorry to inform you this tank is going to be fish only. I know what a bummer. But I do have a 150 that is reef. Maybe someday when I can save up another 50 grand or so I will convert the moster into a reef. But till then just fish.

Thanks for the intell I pretty much decided on the glass befor I posted the forum but I wanted to see if anyone had any decent arguements to go the other way.

Its going to be about three months befor anything gets put into motion I need to get the addition the tank is goin in finished up. O and did I mention I am doing all Of this stationed in Afghanistan, What a great wife I have.

Thanks again. I am sure I will be looking for more opinions ounce I start the installation process I will be sure to post pics as I go.

Thank you <again> for your service.

You will find that we pester constantly for pictures, so get a wide angle lens to encompass that monster tank :D

Good luck with it and be safe over there.

Back