Month old Clowns

cstmpprl

Non-member
Had to share, They are so dang cute. Looks like only 1 is mis bared. But he is cool, just has a dot where his tail band should be. Thanks for looking
Michelle

Very cute michelle....... Congrats!
I have 2 mis-bared percs, love them......... they make them look unique.

they look really nice. personally i love misbars me and one of my roommates both have one i just think they look so much nicer than regulars and i dont know if its just mine but he seems to have more personality haha

Cute! They look like one of my little guys. I have two that are around 3 months but one is smaller and the size of those lil guys.

I love my clowns. The little guy is a tough a** and always swims over to anything I move in the tank, or to me when I walk by, but the second my hand is in the tank, he swims away and hides, lol. He tried "hosting" my xenia for a minute yesterday and I was like "What are you doing?!" and he swam away, lol. I wish one if not both would host my frogspawn, but I guess maybe they're too young for that, or just don't want to.

Misbar is when one or more of the stripes doesn't completely go vertically across the body. Basically it's just incomplete stripes or "bars".

0715_th.jpg

Some are missing entire stripes even.

1613324970_702de460bb_b.jpg

Last edited:
thanks stitch. wonder if thats a genetic thing.

Yes it is. A few were found in the wild and have been since bred in captivity but they also naturally pop up here and there as well. A lot of it could be through selective breeding I suppose, but IMHO most of it i'd imagien would be genetic.

Snowflake, picaso, and lightning are all through selective breeding.
The black and whites from my undertanding were found in Australia in the wild and have since been bred in captivity and (from what I understand) is a genetic malfunction of a lack of melanin.

Thanks everyone

I said 1 was mis bared like it was a bad thing :eek: I guess i should hope the new week old batch has more mis bars. :D I guess i'm just a traditional kind of gal.. I Dont care for the mis bared ones. It's fun to watch the play in the tank. Madeline goes in every day and checks out the progress. She thinks they are sooo cool. I will be getting rid of them, but it will still be awhile.
Michelle

Sorry if this sidetracks your thread Michelle but I wanted to post up a few pics of my misbar clowns........ maybe you will not look at them as outcasts, but more like clowns with different shirts :p LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0675edit.JPG
    IMG_0675edit.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0579e.jpg
    IMG_0579e.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 206
Those are cute ;) Said Kind of like when you think some ones child is ugly :D . I think that ORA has some like that on their site. Are they the tear drop clowns?
Michelle

Back