Movin' on Up

Be interesting to see if his plumbing holds up... I heard he was drinking beer when he glued it in.

But it was good beer (Leffe - yum!) so it should be okay.:D

Some of us do our best work with a few cold ones :D

Yup!

Not a good sign! If it does leak all he has to do is open up the doors and let it flow into the river!

:eek: I'd be nervous to let it flow into the river. The salinty there is about 1.19 or so, I wouldn't want to throw off that several hundred thousand gallons that flows thru there.:D

But it was good beer (Leffe - yum!) so it should be okay.:D

Yup!

:eek: I'd be nervous to let it flow into the river. The salinty there is about 1.19 or so, I wouldn't want to throw off that several hundred thousand gallons that flows thru there.:D

Oh yeah I forgot how much water volume you have now! :D

Half full of water!:D I'm hoping to start the switch this week coming.

DSCF8455.jpg

The extra rock in the tank - not much of a dent for 70 Lbs or so. Uh Oh! I'm gonna come up short here even w/ the 80 Lbs in the tank.

DSCF8456.jpg

Prob one oof the last pics of the 72. Bye Bye hang on everything.

DSCF8448.jpg

Okay - Planning on swapping the tank tomorrow:eek:

Progress report:
This is the start of the rock work but not how I think it will end up, have to see when the rock from the other tank starts going in. There is going to plenty of open swimming space up top.

My MH's are on about 6 hours per day w/ actinic on 10. I think I may be able to jump right to 8.5 hrs on for the HM after the swap.

This is prob 70% established water and 30% new water - the rest will come form the 72.

DSCF8464.jpg

DSCF8462-1.jpg

Thinking of keeping the rock centered in the tank, not sure on this yet. Sorry for the glare.
DSCF8466.jpg

Great to see you finally getting into that new tank Kevin. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks, good luck with everything.
-colin

Great to see you finally getting into that new tank Kevin. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks, good luck with everything.
-colin

Thanks Colin, next time you swing over to CRA you'll have to stop by although it will prob look bare until I come up w/ some cash to "fill it up" w/ some nice SPS. Switching tonight if all goes well - wish me luck!!

My Notes 3/26:
Alk 3.0
CA 375 - bring to 425
Mg 1000 - bring to 1300
Trate 0
Am 0
SG 1.25
Ph 8.1
Temp w/o MH 78

Excellent!

Wow, that's tall! Are you going to use a mask and snorkel when you aquascape? :D

No, seriously ;)

It's Done!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yup it's tall, think I'll need some flippers also.

Rockwork looks great, I think anyway - had help on that, thanks!!

I'll post pics tomorrow when it's cleared up.

Everyone seems fine, Majestic did not go in.:) :(

It just seems really empty - void of corals.:(

Jeremy / Ruth / Michelle & Dave - thanks for all the help & support on this!

I've actually donned on a mask when I was aquascaping my tank. :D

Being 29" tall it made it easier to reach and see what the heck I was doing.

I've actually donned on a mask when I was aquascaping my tank.

Being 29" tall it made it easier to reach and see what the heck I was doing.

Hmm. I might just try that.

Todays updated pics, obviously still have a good bit of clearing up to do but here it is. Looks pretty barren huh? The return and penductors alone are kicking out a good amount of flow, there are a couple 1200's in there for more.

Slopping (sp?) rockwork:

DSCF8491.jpg

Corner Shot:

DSCF8492.jpg

Flush Mod - THANKS Jeremy - working GREAT!!

DSCF8494.jpg

Sump:

DSCF8496.jpg

Ok what is this flush mod that you and Jeremy are holding back on me? :eek:

I'll try to get some better pics. 2" PVC / T'd / Small "Riser" section capped and drilled for air vent/ Longer section draining into sump. You'll have to come over and check it out.

As for more rock - I'm not sure, maybe but I'm kinda liking the flow and my bio load is not that heavy.

I will have to get over there and check it out.....maybe this weekend. Is the drain fed right into the skimmer?

Back