My 125 Build Update Photos!!

BackInTheTank

Non-member
So everything is coming together. All I need to do to the stand now is Cut out for 1 big door and then trim it out to be a false raised panel. Then I need to fill all nail holes and sand it all down to paint. So when it comes to the paint ... I would like to here some opinions from all the fellow reefers here. So my options are white like all the trim work in the house . This way it almost looks built in.
Choice number two is Black. So my question is ... what's your opinion/ and what are the pros and cons from white or black.
http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/BackInTheGame79/library/125 gal Build

looken good i would go with black to match the trim on tank . but at the end of day u gotta look at it everyday until the next upgrade or ask the wife so she cant complain down the road about the look :)

Ty!! Did I drill what? The rock or the tank. Tank has dual overflows and all the rock you see was bonded using rtv108 and GE 1. The arch is prime cuts on the glass and the columns are prime cuts on the overflows. I will be adding a small structure in the front center of the tank and a island front left and right corners. MAYBE. I don't want tk over clutter the tank but I am pretty happy with the way things are turning out!

Last edited:
One step at a time allows me to spend a little here and there. This way I take my time and not rush anything . But I have now gone from a empty tank to a aquascape tank. Now I am really itching for water. Now that the aquascape is almost done I can continue on the plumbing and move on to the elecrical. Then to fok mosh the filtration room. So I still have some time to invest but after my vacation next week I will be in beast mode.

Here's a update!! Wiring 2 ) 4 gang boxes GFI protected! Now shopping for a exhaust fan controlled by a humistat. !! All these after thought are starting to add up$$$ but return pump comes Monday and then I will add the last of the rock work , sand and then water!! I feel a Cycle coming on!!

Not to sure it is one of my extra work lights with a energy saving bulb in it now but I am changing the bulb. Any suggestions on how many watts I should use?

Not to sure it is one of my extra work lights with a energy saving bulb in it now but I am changing the bulb. Any suggestions on how many watts I should use?
Depending on how big the screen is usually it is 1 watt per square inch of screen. And a bulb with a 2,700k to 3,500k. Hope this help you out. BTW looks like a real nice setup!

Back