My 6.5 Gallon Fluval Edge Upgrade

thats pretty cool. will be neat once set up.
I hope so I've toss a lot of money into this little nano and i'm still in need of a vortech mp10 and a reef keeper lite lv3 and my nano led system and my livestock but it's worth I guess ?

Last edited:
I hope so I've toss a lot of money into this little nano and i'm still in need of a vortech mp10 and a reef keeper lite lv3 and my nano led system and my livestock but it's worth I guess ?

I working on the overflow box I was hoping o get it drilled but my trucks in bad shape so long distance drives for me. If anybody local has the tools to cut into acrylic to make the vents to finish up on this project I would be very appreciative. O and I should have my Vortech MP10 by next week can't wait.

Here's my Temp tank I set up I got tried of looking at an empty tank plus this way the cycling process is cut in half. So I used my equipment for my 6.5 Fluval Edge I got a clown in there but It's going into my main tank but for now I need something to look at.

attachment.php
I came home to find my Clownfish being eating by my snail I'm so confused my parameters are where they need to be there's plenty of flow and the filter was cleaned out ? there's no other fish in the 10 gallon ?? Very confusing

I came home to find my Clownfish being eating by my snail I'm so confused my parameters are where they need to be there's plenty of flow and the filter was cleaned out ? there's no other fish in the 10 gallon ?? Very confusing

He looks very tiny. Cleaning out the filter, half cycled/semi new tank, + the added stress of moving him would definitely make him kick the bucket.

I just cleaned the filter for the second time in I cleaned it the day before I got him and today I got him from KCA just this Friday they'll replace him but I can't find the receipt.

I just siliconed the sides of my Black Acrylic overflow box I hope by Monday John K could help me out with cutting out the vents for the overflow can't wait and by Friday I'll have my Vortech MP10 then I'll order my LED kit and RK lite Lv1 sometime next month then I'll be able to get some water in there and wait for the cycling process. And stock up on Corals and livestock then finally sit back and enjoy!:D

Last edited:
Here's the tank up and running no LED's yet but the basic's are done!
attachment.php

I still need a few smaller peace's of LR and I'm thinking about moving some rock around not sure yet?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just ran some test on the tank to see how far along it is. Let me know what you think ?

Parameters:
Salinity between -1.020-1.019
Gravity -26
Temp -78
dKH -12
High Range pH -between 7.8-8.0
Ammonia -0.25 ppm
Nitrate -0 ppm
Nitrite -0 ppm
Phosphate -0.5
Calcium -500 it's high due to me using Purple up,
on my DT tank where I took some water from to speed up the process.

attachment.php

attachment.php

you will have an mp10 in a 6 gallon tank? That will be some flow or turned down very low. I think you know but salinity is low and ammonia should be no existent. A water change might help. Is anything in the tank? Looked like some snails. Good luck with it will look neat when all done.

you will have an mp10 in a 6 gallon tank? That will be some flow or turned down very low. I think you know but salinity is low and ammonia should be no existent. A water change might help. Is anything in the tank? Looked like some snails. Good luck with it will look neat when all done.
To answer your question yes I'm putting a MP10 in a 6.5 Fluval Edge turned down and the salinity is just right seeing how there's no fish in there just yet I due prefer it to be 1.025 but It's won't be reef until next month when I get the LED's put on. The Ammonia spike is due to my clown and scooter blenny dying on my last week. I just added 15 gallon's to the system between the sump/refugium and main tank I kinda cheated by having a 10 Gallon set up before to speed up the cycling process and yeah I'll do a water change tomorrow after work, I had a few snails and 3-4 hermits in there. I'm waiting for my skimmer I ordered to show up. besides that I think I'm very happy with it. thanks for looking!

I'll double check when I get home I might have wrote down the wrong info? Or misunderstood the test kit's instructions on the KH and Ammonia?

Last edited:
So I just got my Vortech MP10 and I wanted to know what setting should I put it on my 6.5 Gallon Fluval? It's a used Vortech so there's no manual. And I could just check Marine Ecotech site. But I kinda wanted an opinion from those of you who have this great little pump in a Nano tank set up like 5-29 Gallons ?

i have one in my biocube hqi and i plan to get one for my fluval edge project also

the one in my biocube i on reef random mode (yellow)
everything in the tank seems happy with it

I have an MP10 running about 50% in a 7 gal.

I keep my MP10's in Lagoon or Reef Crest mode. There is also a neat "autotune" feature with the Vortech that may help you with your Fluval if you want to use the Vortech in either the short or long pulse (or is it called burst... I forget) modes. I initially thought that the MP10's wave action was pretty weak until I used the "autotune" feature. The wave autotune feature works well and really shows off the wave making ability of the MP10.

http://ecotechmarine.com/about/media-gallery/ (Wave Auto Tune on video)

Back