My First Attempt at a Negative Space Aquascape (NSA)

I actually found some bigger bottles that was 16oz of glue for like $40. I would buy that as It cost me $100 to get 20oz's. I forget where I found it, it was a google search and it was a clear bottle with blue labeling. Good luck!
Ok no problem. If you happen to come across it lmk please and thank you in advanced chief.

Take a look at this site below. You probably want the super thin 5 CPS viscosity one if you are using it with the sand/rock dust method, although sometimes you might want a dab of gel to do the initial set. Don't bother buying overpriced accelerator, just make your own DIY CA accelerator by mixing a teaspoon or two of baking soda with a cup of water and put into a spray bottle. I did follow up with emarco 400 mortar around the critical joints on my first NSA attempt ( https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/waterbox-25-mini-peninsula.174028/#post-1451637 ). Also, it is much easier/more stable to start the bottom off with a piece of flat cut marco rock to get nice contact with the bottom glass.

Take a look at this site below. You probably want the super thin 5 CPS viscosity one if you are using it with the sand/rock dust method, although sometimes you might want a dab of gel to do the initial set. Don't bother buying overpriced accelerator, just make your own DIY CA accelerator by mixing a teaspoon or two of baking soda with a cup of water and put into a spray bottle. I did follow up with emarco 400 mortar around the critical joints on my first NSA attempt ( https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/waterbox-25-mini-peninsula.174028/#post-1451637 ). Also, it is much easier/more stable to start the bottom off with a piece of flat cut marco rock to get nice contact with the bottom glass.

Got it thanks

the starbond thin from amazon actually worked very well BUT you needed to use a lot of the glue in the joint. I put an order on glue masters for the super thin because those 2 bottles went quick and I'm not even half done on the structure. I found that if you use glue on the area B4 the sand and then apply multiple times the bond of the joint is very strong and hardens to a solid connection. If I only did application of sand and glue once then the joint was weak and if under extreme tensile stress could fail.

The thin super glue creates a mortar with the sand/powder that weeps into the pores of the rock and makes an extremely strong joint. Imagine the glue actually leaks into the rock to bring that bond deeper than the thicker glue can. Its wild how different the glues act and the end product.

The thin super glue creates a mortar with the sand/powder that weeps into the pores of the rock and makes an extremely strong joint. Imagine the glue actually leaks into the rock to bring that bond deeper than the thicker glue can. Its wild how different the glues act and the end product.
Excellent. Thanks for the reply and feedback.

The rock and the thin super glue joints are barely noticeable. I have a bunch of pics and a video that ill try and show but Ill try not and hijack Mlemming7's thread.

Back