My Reef Reached 49 Years Old This Week

Those "Fireclowns" do hang out in that anemone, but not much. They are 29 years old and spawn almost every day so they don't have much time to hang out. They are busy. :rolleyes:

When I moved here to this new house about 18 months ago I bought a new tank to replace my old one which was installed in a wall and I couldn't get it out. That tank was there, not leaking for about 40 years.

It was kind of scratched and I wanted to replace it anyway and it was just easier to buy this new tank, drag it out here the night before the move, then empty the old tank and put everything in tubs for the drive 60 miles here.

Everything made it with no losses. I used the same gravel. rock and everything else including about half the water. The rest of the water was just to muddy from the Reverse UG filter that was in there all those years.
Here my Son N law is helping me move by removing the UG filter. Notice the mud.

I bought this tank before the move.

I didn't have enough water so the day of the move I had to collect water.

Grats! Wondering if this might be the oldest reef tank in the world?!

FishieBusiness, she isn't real good, thanks.

Joe, I have no Idea, but I may be closest to the oldest guy in the world. :rolleyes:

Jbeb, My hermit crabs have canker sores older than you. :cool:

I don't know. It says he set that up in the late 70s. Mine is from 1971 so I am not sure. I wasn't going for a contest as there is no prize. :cool:

When I moved here to this new house about 18 months ago I bought a new tank to replace my old one which was installed in a wall and I couldn't get it out. That tank was there, not leaking for about 40 years.

It was kind of scratched and I wanted to replace it anyway and it was just easier to buy this new tank, drag it out here the night before the move, then empty the old tank and put everything in tubs for the drive 60 miles here.

Everything made it with no losses. I used the same gravel. rock and everything else including about half the water. The rest of the water was just to muddy from the Reverse UG filter that was in there all those years.
Here my Son N law is helping me move by removing the UG filter. Notice the mud.

I bought this tank before the move.

I didn't have enough water so the day of the move I had to collect water.

Where you collect the water from??

Back