NanoX - FamilyX is back at it

wild fish have some tolerance / immunity to ich, otherwise ich would not exist, a disease that kills too many of its hosts looses its ability to propagate and maintain a viable population. chances are you introduced the ich with some new addition, probably chromies. I would at least treat them in a separate tank and keep the main tank fallow for a while or the issue will arise again, probably sooner than later.

ich in itself, with the exception of the extremely bad cases, does not kill in itself, it either causes the fishes immune system to go haywire or collapse from the infections in the attachment spots or causes enough scar tissues in the gills to cause death by oxygen starvation. if the fish has enough immunity to ich than you will see no sign unless you dissect the gills and look at them with a microscope, the fish will just be an active carrier that suffers little from the infoection but will cause outbreaks in other individuals.

Got some macro algae and gorgonian from Reefer140 today. Tank is looking more and more like an actual reef:

MrX_FTS_10152014-2.jpg

MrX_Macro_10152014_1.jpg

MrX_Macro_10152014_2.jpg

MrX_Macro_10152014_3.jpg

MrX_Macro_10152014_4.jpg

Clean-up crew is looking a little scarce, lol :)
Coming along wicked pissa hay!!

Thanks all!

Clean-up crew is looking a little scarce, lol :)

Yeah, I have a few of those little snails in the tank. ;) You should see it when the lights go out and they all go up on the glass because of the light in the room. lol. (I should have ordered a smaller Reef Cleaners package! And that was with cutting the 'suggested size' package in half!)

Saw this guy today as I was heading out to work (had to fix/move one of the new macros that got knocked over). It must be 8"+ and about as thick as my pinky!

BristleWorm.jpg

Thanks all!

Yeah, I have a few of those little snails in the tank. ;) You should see it when the lights go out and they all go up on the glass because of the light in the room. lol. (I should have ordered a smaller Reef Cleaners package! And that was with cutting the 'suggested size' package in half!)

Saw this guy today as I was heading out to work (had to fix/move one of the new macros that got knocked over). It must be 8"+ and about as thick as my pinky!

View attachment 101188

I would be in full Hazmat Suit trying to remove him. I like Bristle Worms but that's something else lol. Cool Picture. Very nice Macros may have to get my self a pack.

I like those macro, unfortunately my tang will eat or destroy them.

Think you jinxed me Daniel. ;)

Got home and one of the macros is chewed down to almost nothing... AND... my Kole Eye Tang was nowhere to be found. After some looking around I found it... being snacked on by the clean-up crew.

The tang was acting strange for the last week or so; not really sure what happened to it, everything else appears just fine. I'm curious though if any of these macros would be poisonous/dangerous to the tang if eaten?

I also have a Tail-spotted Blenny which is an algae eater; wonder if it ate any of the macro that was mowed down. Hopefully what's left of the piece will grow back.

Oh men.....I feel so bad now !!!

Sorry.....

I was just kidding about you jinxing me. Well, in regards to the Tang dying... not sure about it eating the macro. As I mentioned the tang wasn't acting normally for the last few days. Another unknown issue for my reef keeping history.

Looks like the macros & gorgonians are hanging on and doing well!

Gorgs are doing great. Unfortunately only some of the macros are hanging on. Between the Tang destroying the first package and the hermits/snails/blenny snacking on the second a lot of them have been decimated.

The Dragon's Breath (?) is doing great though... probably my favorite.

Tank looks great! Love the rock work!

Thanks man! Spent a lot of time with KidsX trying out different layouts on a towel. This is pretty much what we came up with. Lots of nooks, crannies, and caves. Easy for us to look through most of them and see the fish all around the tank. Lots of places for corals too.

As you all know though, if it weren't suck a PITA to do I'd probably be rearranging it every week to get it "just right". ;)

Lost one of the Flurry clowns today. It hadn't been eating for the last couple days; tried a little of everything I have (fish goo, and lots of other stuff). Looked like it wanted to eat, but didn't.

This morning it was lethargic and not swimming around much. The other Flurry would nudge it once in a while but no dice. I tried a fresh-water dip but I was pretty certain it was too late. A couple hours later it kept swimming/floating into the rock work. I put it in a net to keep it out of the rocks and keep the other residents away from it. Fast forward three more hours and it was gone. :(

Not sure what happened... the other Flurry is very active and eating like a pig. The one that died seem very pale (if you can say that about a mostly white fish) and it's fins were kinda raggedy; I noticed it was a little "off" when I first introduced them to the tank, but I figured it was because they'd been in a bag all day.

I really dislike not having a clue as to what went wrong... that's the worst part about this hobby for me. I like logic, explanations, etc. At least this time the fish didn't just disappear.

Anyone want to buy a full RSM C-250 setup???

Back