Neal's SPS & ZOA/PALY SYSTEM Coral & Livestock pics thread...

colors look poor in this pic, and are still coloring up on top of that, but this is a tyree pink elephant... their true colors are purple, green and pink... starting to look better everyday... this is one of two frags i got recently... the other is a 3 polyp :)

IMAG1926-1-1-1.jpg

Your zoa growth and spread is nuts, do you dose any sort of amino acid? I hear it works extremely well for zoa growing.

Your zoa growth and spread is nuts, do you dose any sort of amino acid? I hear it works extremely well for zoa growing.

i actually jus recently started dosing a small amount of elos amino acids every few days... so we will see ;)

I also added some more tubbs blues (used to have them, wish i still did) and some darth mauls...

before work today, i am getting some clementine zoas from a friend... a nice couple polyp frag...

i also replaced my pearlberry i lost with a nice small peice..

and i am also picking up a Cornbread mummy eye chalice (2 eye) on this coming wednesday :)

also removing some corals... ora orange digi and monti confusa at the moment...

revamping, adding and picking out some nice peices to become part of my collection, and loving my hobby right now ;)

cheers!

and happy st pattys day people!! BE SAFE!!!

finally got my clementine zoas :)

im a huge fan of the orange and purple bold colors, hard lined against one another...

nice 2 polyps and another about half size and a nub/baby growing in... a great little frag to start with it seems so far... so fingers crossed but they look great so far, not even 12 hours in...

thanks again friend!!!

my icefire echinata... that will have been with me for 1 year in another 3 or 4 weeks... when things got a bit off track lately, my hawkins blue echinata got smoked, but this one jus lost PE and had a little burnt tip at most... surprised... but very grateful at this point, lol...

IMAG1975-1.jpg

xmen zoas from cultivated reef back in january... coming along pretty good... still a bit pale, but growing and appearing more comfortable than they were...

IMAG1974-1-1-1.jpg

and a crappy pic of my new clementines... love the color... they were all open and nice, then i went and cut the plug off, and accidently squeezed them a bit with my finger and they got upset... so they are still opening back up from shrinking up... tomorrow and the day after, im thinking they should look alot better especially since they are anchored down... 3 polyps with a baby nubbing up... pretty stoked with these...

IMAG1986-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

thank you... i have thinned out my sps down to about a dozen peices from 18... a few of them due to loss... but im looking to do a little more with chalices and zoas/palys as far as my collection is concerened... i am picking up a cornbread mummy eye tomorrow, and would like two more to make it 5 chalices, if they do well...

i do wana get a couple more sps, but im gonna be very picky and choosy about which i will add... only gonna have room for 2 or 3 at the most, and thats if i remove one more... i really wana make sure i give everything its space, accordingly... but also get the best presentation and setup i can out of the footprint and space i have to work with, without over doing it...

Pallobi,

Since you are running bare bottom, do you feed your corals at all? Do you target feed the lps and zoas?

Great pics. Let us know how the aminos go. I've had mixed results, maybe a bit better PE, not much difference in color for me anyways.

Back