Need recommendation for a return pump

beckisguy73

Non-member
ok here it goes.. On my 125 I have duel mega flows (600GPH ea) and one of them goes to the basement with a Genx 40 return pump and the other goes under the tank into my fuge and my fuge drains into the sump into the basement. I want to put a return pump in the the first compartment of the fuge to return most of the water right back to the display tank to get more flow in the tank. I trying to do it this way because I don't really want to buy a bigger pump for the basement right now (because the Genx 40 is not enough flow)and also cut the flow down going through the fuge. I just plumbed the fuge today

My big problem is all the crap that just lingers in the tank and does not hit the sump so the skimmer cant do it's job... The sump is crystal clear but the tank looks like crap!!! Any help would be great.. Also I do have 2 k4's in the tank to help with the flow.

Question....as I read this, if you put a return pump in the first container of your fuge, it is not going to get skimmed or nutrient reduced by your refugium.

If that's the case, it isn't going to help your filtration AT ALL, and you would be better served by adding a powerhead to add flow to the tank.

your limiting factor is still going to be the return pump from your sump

Back