Need suggestion for a quiet return pump for my sump.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
Don't wanna go with a MAG as i've heard they produce a lot of heat, but looking for a good pump for the return on my 10g sump that isn't too pricey either. Granted it'll be underwater and behind a closed door so I guess noise isn't too too big a deal, but hey, if they make quiet ones, why not go that route just to keep noise down any way I can.

Ocean runner make pretty efficent and cheap pumps, but the smallest size they come in is a 640 gph model (2500). Eheims are really nice too the 1250 model is rated at 330 gph which is pretty close to what you are looking for. Downside to Ehiem is they will cost more, the 1250 sells for around $100. Could always try to get one used i suppose, Eheims are very popular due to there durability and longevity.

Could I get either one rated around 300gph for under $50?

You can always get a bigger pump than needed and just "dial" it back or add a manifold to it and run reactors, adjust flow through a refugium, etc.

I doubt you'll find an eheim pump under $50 and Ocean Runner did make an OR1200 but I'm not sure if that model is still around.

Back