Need Suggestion on a WebCam

pvh

Non-member
I'm looking to get a webcam to view my tank while I'm away. Anyone know of a good one?

Stick with Logitech........they seem to do webcams very well.

Creative and Microsoft have some nice ones......but Logitech seems to be consistantly better.

I got a Logitech Fusion from EBAY and it worked very well.

RightLight2 (TM) is their latest automatic light level system.

Peter I would make sure it is a network cam unless you plan to leave a computer on all the time.
Network cams hook right into the router. I have heard the panasonics are good.

Peter, I have 2 logitech cams(I think I still have both?:confused:) I know for sure I have the newest one I bought...don't know the model, etc... have the software and all if you want you can borrow it and test it out..I'm not doing anyhitng with it atm-test drive before you buy?(BTW- i believe it's less than a year old-I use it to webcam and chat with my family back home:cool: and it takes still too. Just an offer...LMK!

Peter, I have 2 logitech cams(I think I still have both?:confused:) I know for sure I have the newest one I bought...don't know the model, etc... have the software and all if you want you can borrow it and test it out..I'm not doing anyhitng with it atm-test drive before you buy?(BTW- i believe it's less than a year old-I use it to webcam and chat with my family back home:cool: and it takes still too. Just an offer...LMK!

Tabittha, if you don't mind next time we meet I would like to test your 2 logitech cameras out.

Reason for getting the camera my parents to see their grandson....and also for me to check out my tank when I'm not home. :)

I guess I should not even comment on this as I have no knowledge of the cameras, but just viewing videos posted the quality is so poor its painful to watch, it seems like in this day we could do better.

Jim

I guess I should not even comment on this as I have no knowledge of the cameras, but just viewing videos posted the quality is so poor its painful to watch, it seems like in this day we could do better.

Jim

Webcam technology hasn't really changed or improved very much in the last 15 years. Still as crappy as ever.

I had pretty good luck a few years back by hooking up my camcorder to a capture card. At least the vid was smooth. I used to watch my tank all the time.

Back