Ordering coral online

Peter Fernandes

ignorance is strength
Is this a bad time of the year to order corals online being that it's winter here? I've been droooooooooling at some of the stuff at atlantis and wonder if I should wait till the weather is warmer or do the heat packs they ship with keep everything alive well enough that I don't have to worry?

I think you'll be fine. I've ordered livestock in the winter before and it arrived in good shape. I do watch the weather forecast and make sure it's not going to be really cold or stromy before I order. Also I request that the package be kept at the local UPS/FedEx distribution station for pickup, rather than having it riding around in a cold truck for half the day.

I think you'll be fine. I've ordered livestock in the winter before and it arrived in good shape. I do watch the weather forecast and make sure it's not going to be really cold or stromy before I order. Also I request that the package be kept at the local UPS/FedEx distribution station for pickup, rather than having it riding around in a cold truck for half the day.

Yeah, what he said.

Sounds great! I believe there's a distribution center maybe 5 or 10 mins. away from me.

Thanks
Peter

Due to a family emergency, I had one of them sit for an extra whole day @ the UPS center....but it came out fine. Musta been 'cause it was a teensy, weensy, tiny lil fraglet

You want to minimize "service distruptions" as well. Check the weather in Memphis, Indianapolis and Dallas for FEDEX and Louisville, Kentucky for UPS. Crappy weather during the overnight hours (wee hours of the morning) totally messes up their service schedule.

This season I have had corals and snails & crabs shipped to me. The coral made it, the snails & crabs perished due to a faulty heatpack.

At the risk of looking like an idiot...I haven;t heard of atlantis. Could someone point me in the direction of how to find them? I am intrigued now.

Back