PETCO - Really shouldn't sell Marine livestock any Longer

well I am no expert, but they have 2 tanks with QT signs on them. Of course I have no idea if they are connected to all the other tanks, but it doesnt look like it.

I hope they get better in the next couple of years. I tell everyone some day I am quitting my office job and going to work at petco so I can wear jeans and sneakers.

I worked at a petco while I was in college and they really don't care about what the sales person knows. I ended up in the fish department quite often and knew nothing about fish. Although that is how I got into the hobby with a 10 gallon freshwater tank to start. At the time I was very into herps and would try to help out in the reptile department when ever I could. I would have customers come and seek me out for advice on different reptile setups and care while in the fish department or stocking shelves and management wouldn't let me work in that department. All they are looking for is a body to fill a department, knowledge is not important.

Exactly how many times a year do we need to bring up ho wbad some of the Petco stores are? The only thing that will change their attitude is if they lose money.

We used to go to Petco, it was the only store we knew
Salt, heater, temp gauge etc
Most people don't notice or care about the death & pathetic conditions

but anney way ya i got started in the hobby by one of teh guys in the dedham store jay he ran teh department he told me alot

Are you talking about Jay (Foomanchoo) in needham? He guided me here too. The needham petco fell to peices after he went to skiptons.

ya petco is very over priced they seem to make a 100% profit on every thing they, sell the only thing they sell cheap is the live stock wick is poor.

Back