Pink skunk clown eggs for the taking

I ended up taking these. Cindy, they hatched about 45 minutes after transferring to the growout tank. Near 100% hatch, look to be VERY healthy larva. The light over the tank died in the middle of the night, but I've got a new light on the tank now. The rotifer cultures are very dense. This should be fun. It's been about 2-3 years since I last was raising clowns.

Too hard to take pictures at this point. The fry are in a 'soup' of rotifers and microalgae with light only from above. If I succeed (and there's certainly no guarantee of that) I should be able to snap some pics when they are transferred to a larger tank in maybe 3-4 weeks.

Here is a thread with pictures of fry from the same parents from 2006.
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36249

attachment.php

Greg I hope you are successful in raising them. Good luck!!!! LMK how it goes.
I will be contacting you for some rotifers soon. Sucks that I was not able to pick these guys up last night.

Cindy those are so cute. You posted that just to tease me didn't you.

Kidding I will get some on the next batch (If I am Lucky) Thanks for trying last night and I am glad Greg was able to take them from you.

Sorry, still no photos, but some of them ARE starting to look like skunks finally. Really, really tiny skunks. I've still got about 2 dozen. Lost a few due to some stupid stuff....it's been a while since I raised any clowns and I seem to have to re-learn my old mistakes.:rolleyes::cool: They are taking inert food pretty well now. Still in a 2 1/2 gallon tank.

Cool. One of the two anemones is on the rock that I stuck in the place of the pot. I should get that back from you sometime and see if I can get them to lay on that again. I have a feeling that the yield will be higher using that than the rock I have now.

Here's a photo of the babies from a few days ago. I think they are at about 5-6 weeks now. I've got about 2 dozen left. Lost 2-3 to a Banggai with a big mouth! :rolleyes:

They eat just about anything that hits the water surface now. Cute little buggers, I'll say that.

Attachments

• pink skunk babies-small.jpg
    pink skunk babies-small.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
Have you tried them in an anemone? Nothing cuter than 30 of them crammed into a little BTA.

I had good results with cyclopseese for color at that size. They all turned a lot oranger and got orange tips to their fins.

The parents are consistently laying their eggs the glass now. Let me know if anyone wants to come over and try that siphoning technique. I think they would be really easy to remove because of the smooth surface.

Last edited:
They are soo cute.
Someday down the road I would like to get apair of the skinks they are my fav and the only ones I have never had LOL

Back