Reef Deal PJ's Pet in Saugus is closing....Awsome deals.

MeanFishBoston

Non-member
Hey Guys,
Just thought I would pass this on. Hope im in the right forum. PJ's in Saugus is closing for good. You can make offers and get super deals. I went in last night and picked up a 65 Gallon tank 36x18x25, light strip and glass canopy for $130...The tank itself was $149.99 I offered $130 for everything and they took it.
Phil

no just some select items on sale
and they have signs that say spring sale 50% off
of certain things
not worth the time

I just stopped in today myself and they told me they were only going to be open few more weeks.

I asked them the price on a Coralife aqualight 20" 96 watt PC that was unmarked, (Thinking it would be a nice fuge light) they wanted 59.99 at 25 % off. I said I was'nt interested at that price, Then as we talked some more she asked again if I wanted it and said the lowest they could go was 30 or 40 and would need to ask the manager. I said I would take it for 30. Also picked up a few dry goods at 50% off.

I am not sure it is name your own price but they are selling some stuff cheap. The replacement bulb for that light on ebay cost more than 30.
Hmm maybe I should have passed anyway. I was planning on using diy light with cheap replacement bulbs. Well it will look nice anyway.

Last edited:
i will miss that place... a little bit.. its weird seeing your past job shut down and your friends out of jobs. good luck to them

I was in there last night and got a lot of stuff for my tank for cheap. Almost everything is 50%+ off. I even picked up a pair of Finches with a cage for $100.00. the guy i was talking to in there said they need to be closed by the end of the month. all the dogs are on sale too.

well I guess I will have to go back
they sure are keeping it a big secret
he he
no signs nothing except for a few signs
that say spring sale

did you have to ask for prices on everything
or did they just ring it up at the cash register

There are now clearance signs all over the palce and signs that say buy 1 get 1 free and 50% off. you can also make offers on stuff im sure.

i am unsure of the biggest tanks they have. they do have a good stock on tanks. i would give them a call and see if they have what you want.

They won't take an offer if one of the owners is not there. (at least that's what they said. There's not really that much interesting in that store.. none of the tanks are on sale supposedly, but who knows.

went back sign out side say 20-50%

as reefsmurf said not much there
and 50% off of a allready high price is not much off

i had to ask twice he only wanted to give me 20%
off some ESV

Do they sell big tanks there? They have good deals on them too? Either 120g, 135g, or 180G tanks?

I was over there yesterday. No big tanks, but they did have two large tank stands. One was natural pine 72X24X24 for 100 dollars. I thought that was a pretty good deal. They also had a partical board stand with a black gloss finish. I think the dimensions were 72X18X24, but I'm not sure. That stand was also 100.

Back