POWER OUTAGE in Cambridge!

joefitz

Non-member
Hey everyone...if you live in Cambridge I think most/all of the city lost power today. It was out for around 20-30 minutes I think. Sorry I didn't think to post this earlier...I think it went out a bit after noon. Let's hope nobody goes home to a flood!

I lost power in Rockland for about 30 minutes the other night, those battery powered air pumps came in handy. Of course we had no lights, couldnt find any matches to light a candle, the UPS is blaring... :(

hmmm . . . our exchange server has been down since 2:00 - no email in or out. I know there is a virus going around . ..

no problems there :D

040503A.jpg

I was working from home today (Cambridge) - I stepped out for lunch and came back to lights out. In my new system I use a small sump, the the potential for overflow exists (if I have the water level too high). The sump was close to full when I got home - just as it should be with no power. No overflow.

It lasted a little over an hour, I think. Anyway - power came back on and all went back to normal on its own as if nothing happened.

Now I now it works. One less thing to worry about.

Although it made me realize that maybe I do want one of those battery-powered air pumps...

good thing it didn't happen up in andover. i would have definitely had a flood. i guess i should put in some safeguards against that huh?

Noob, a good way of safegaurding for a flood would be to turn off all of your pumps, and stuff, wait until it has stopped draining into the sump, then fill the sump to the brim with water. That way, you know when the power goes out it will not flood. Also, after the pumps are back on and the water returns to its normal level, you will be able to to what level you should fill top off to, to ensure you don't flood.

Scuba_Dave said:
Hey Armando, can't we watch??

There was one day that while I was having dinner the camera started to move. Someone was watching. Since that day I disabled guests. I'm not comfortable on camera. Especially when wearing boxers :D

thanks for the tip keith. i think i will try that. at the moment i'm scared to ever leave my tank. once i do your method i will be more at ease.

hahaha that's funny armando. it would have been even funnier if the camera were following you around. lol.

Back