Power Outage

ceige

always wet hands.....
Well we lost power at 3AM and it is still out....the whole street.....

Wrapped the tank in a blanket put in a battery operated air stone and went to work (the room is warm).....now I wait for my wife to call me when it is back up and running.....

I hate the waiting game..... :mad:

I hope everything will be ok. It sounds like you have o2 taken care of and if the temp drops a little it will be easier for the o2 to get into the water.

Do you have everything set up so you don't get a flood when the pumps turn back on?

Armando said:
which areas had/are having power outages this week?

These are not scheduled outages, they were caused by the high winds last night... part of Billerica was also affected, fortunately I didn't lose power.

Nuno

How big a tank, and how much livestock (fish, primarily)?
In LARGE tanks, or heavily populated tanks, a couple of airstones might be in order.

I lost power too from about 3:30 to around 7:30 this morning but slept through it, blissfully unaware. I'm shocked my tank didn't flood, but when I woke up, other than the fact that the light timers were all screwed up, everything else looked perfectly normal. Another disaster averted by sheer dumb luck!

Last edited:
we lost ours from around 4 am to 7 am tank was fine. With this weather i made sure it was ready for a power outage.

would be sweet to have something like this

Attachments

• gen.jpg
    gen.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 221
i lost power in my area (andover) from about 2am to 5am. luckily my brother was sleeping in the living room right next to the tank and woke me up to tell me about it. i have a battery operated airpump that turns on when the power goes out but i didn't have the airline tubing going into the water (duh). i got lucky.

Ughhh, I feel badly I didn't give a warning about last nights storm.
Well, another storm tonight, but shouldn't be as intense, but could still be a few power outages.
From the National Weather Service:
BEST WINDS APPEAR TO BE ALONG COASTAL
LOCATIONS...NAMELY THE NORTH SHORE TONIGHT AROUND MIDNIGHT TO 3 AM
DURING TIME OF HIGH TIDE.

Pepperell, Groton, Townsend, Dunstable had outages of various duration between 3:00AM and 5:00AM...

Don't know the cause, I was out for less then 1hr, but the guys who came into work said they were out a little longer...

OK I just got power back....long time without heat, the tank went down to 66.....

The system worked as it should have and no water went any ware it should not have once the power came back on.

I guess time will tell at this point how things go....this has been the longest power outage i have had in 10 years......my sps's are already beginning to open under the lights and the monster GBTA I have doesn't seem to have minded the cool off...

And I agree with Armando...time to get a generator....

66?... ouch! I hope all recovers.
FWIW, my tank has gone as low as 73? without any noticable effects.

stoneham--- you have n-star and i ,we are on strike , i usually cover that area and could of had the problem fixed sooooooooooo much faster thay have a claims department if you loose anything and with all the bad press thay might give you a discount on your next bill . sorry to hear about it , hope every thing works out ok

My refugium has gone that low and I had no losses. not much in there but there was a CBB and frags and xenia along with the regular fuge stuff. Bring it up slowly and cut back your feeding for a few days would be my advice.

can we stop getting freakin power outages? this is getting annoying. my brother woke me up again because the tank was overflowing. u-tube lost siphon when power went out.

Back