Power Outage

haha. yeah. it's because he just came back from college and he's literally sleeping right next to the tank. the only reason why he woke up was because the water was splashing on his face. lol. :D

buddie said:
stoneham--- you have n-star and i ,we are on strike , i usually cover that area and could of had the problem fixed sooooooooooo much faster thay have a claims department if you loose anything and with all the bad press thay might give you a discount on your next bill . sorry to hear about it , hope every thing works out ok

Hmm, I question the effectiveness of the line workers picketing in front of homes that have lost power. I just caught a shot of a tree knocking out power in New Bedford and as the TV crew pans to the left to show about a half dozen linemen picketing. Homeowner is the victim of an act of nature, yet the strikers only see it as an opportunity to get some press. The homeowner didn't seem to sympathetic.

It was kind of funny to see non NStar people working on the poles with the Nstar folks holding signs down on the street...

Looks like my Xenia was hit hard with the temp drop but everything else seems OK so far.... :)

In Newton, a couple doors down from me a huge tree fell in the middle of the street and knocked down power lines. My power never flickered. I was lucky.

If we had underground power lines, many of these weather related outages could be avoided.

Hey Moe, not true. With wet weather like this you are more prone to have flickering lights and underground faults just as likely with overhead lines. Trust me, I am a troubleman for Nstar, and we get just as many underground problems as overhead. Something else to consider: if you have a problem with underground, it takes 2 to 10 times as long to fix the problem than it does with overhead.

Yeah, putting the cables underground just makes them vulnerable to backhoes and manhole fires. And agreed, it seems to take much longer to fix underground problems.

--cn

I know I'm new to this group but I lost power last night and used a jump start power pack for starting cars and plugged a power inverter into it. Set it up with a powerhead and it ran all night. Just an idea to kick around.

Back