Power Outage

lost it for an hour this morning. We rarely lose power. I have a small generator that I started up, but it was having issues with the carb and wasn't running smooth. Power came back online shorty after.

No power since 4:30 this morning, there's at least four downed lines on my street.
Constantly scooping water, mixing and pouring back in my tank to try and keep things oxygenated.
My UPS for my wavemakers failed. I'm trying to borrow a generator, fingers crossed!

Been out since around 4:30am.
Generator running since 5am (portable but wired into house).
Around 10:30 we went from "Being Assessed" to "Crew Assigned" :)

Lost power at 12:04am. Didn't bother to get out of bed and let the system downstair ride it out until the morning.
At around 8am. I woke up and fired this baby up. Hook it up to the controller, the return pump, two tunze stream, a heater, and the actinic. And still have enough juice to run a couple of mobile devices and laptops so that I can work from home.
Love this thing! Highly recommended. Worth every penny.
Capture.JPG

I can be cold, without hot water or food but as long as I can sit and watch the tank, life is good.
Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Nick - I agree - I lost power at 2am. Ran a cord to apex, which controls heaters and lights and the return pump.

Had enough watts to run the refrigerator and coffee maker.

Reef is fine and I have hot coffee and cold beer.

Not a bad day, except I had to cook on the Weber.

By the way, those with fuel/carb issues, I recommend Sunoco race fuel. Expensive, but I store mine with it. No ethenol, and it starts with 2 pulls.

I had carb issues in the past. I now use Seafoam fuel additive. Works great and I bet it much cheaper the the race fuel.

My lawn mower was all jammed up, I got a small metal cannister of either race/jet fuel at AutoZone, cleared it right out. I'll find the brand name. I've also read alot of positive feedback on seafoam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We lost power for an hour or so over night but around 5am it went out and stayed out. My generator ran 5am to 5pm yesterday. Powers the whole house. Added gas once.

Whelp 16.5 hours later we got our power back!
Had to keep scooping water in a gallon jug, holding it up high and pouring it back into the tank for oxygen every 15-20 minutes.
But happy to report everything survived!

Still no power here....
Generator holding up strong. House gets down to 64 degrees. Tank holds steady at 76degrees(the temperature I keep it at).
Still no crew assigned for my area.

I have a 14kW NG standby generac. It's been running steady since 2:45 am yesterday. The fish seem unfazed, lol.

Dong - the Sunoco in Nashua at exit 5 sells it. This stuff is oxygenated, but no ethenol.

I prefer the 260GTX unoxygenated and has a 2 year shelf life.

Also, google Sunoco race fuel and there is a fuel finder. Just don't run the leaded stuff in small engines.

Prefer this stuff vs. pump gas with additives. They really don't prevent separation.

Also, you can by ethenol free fuel in northern NH at the pump.

Got my power back today went about 30-36 hours without and doesn't seem to be any losses besides a couple of snails.

Wish I had one of those honda generators but they where all sold out. Made it by with the mp40 battery backup, airstone battery pump. And a cheapo harbor freight generator for heaters best 90 bucks I've ever spent lol

Thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got power back!!!! Almost 60 hrs without it got by with the Honda generator 2000 no losses house was kept warm with the wood stove time to invest in a full house generator.

Back