problems with the odyysea 700

SharkLover

T5 LPS
My odyysea 700 is sucking water too fast out of my 20 high sump and overflowing my 58gallon display. any suggestions?

I'm almost ready to remove it and put a mag 5

all my pumps have ball valves attached to the PVC to control flow...as long as u are not blocking the flow too much u will be fine.

It's fine to use a ball or gate valve to slow the output of the pump.

Just be sure to put it on the OUTPUT from the pump and NOT THE INLET.

A gate valve will allow a more precise adjustment, ball valves take up less space and cost less (HD, Lowes, and just about every hardware store sells them, Gate valves can be a little harder to find).

What some people do is T off the return plumbing and loop it back to the sump. They control how much goes back into the sump using a valve. This way your not putting any stress on the pump. It continues to pump just some water goes back in the sump and the rest goes up to the tank.

What some people do is T off the return plumbing and loop it back to the sump. They control how much goes back into the sump using a valve. This way your not putting any stress on the pump. It continues to pump just some water goes back in the sump and the rest goes up to the tank.

oooooo Good answer!

Or use an eductor that will reduce overall flow from the sump, but increase flow in the tank.

Back