PSA from Boston Reefers

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
9D3E3826-B94A-48A2-BD32-2CE9F932B219.jpeg

PSA anyone in the New England area, make sure you have all of your tanks emergency provisions on hand! we are about to get dumped on. got to keep our animals safe and alive.

*Battery air stones
*spare batteries
*generator
*extension cords
*test your battery backups
*empty water bottles to fill with hot water if you have no back up power provisions
*most important (favorite beverage of choice)

Be Safe!
PSA from the Boston Reef Society

Up to 28" here now, still haven't been out yet. Been slacking on letting my 19 and 17 year old daughter's and Dad take a break. Guess I'll have to crack the whip a little more tonight, bahahahaha.

depends on where you measure 16-20” but I have snow drifts over 5’ deep too :cool:

The term "died" can vary...... I'd rather fix and oldie any day and after buying new equipment and being disappointed I'm only buying old stuff and restoring it from now on. My Power steering equipped, heated handlebar, headlit Troy-Bilt snow blower locked up on a 1" stone and smoked the belt. The old Simplicity blower I once had built in the 70's could vaporize a small concrete bunny. It happened twice actually!.....
Just a puff of gray dust and kept going. I deeply regret letting that go...

I think the term "well engineered" really describes how cheaply something can be made and last till 1 week after the warranty expires.

I'll take all the old dead snow blowers out there thank you very much, and happy to help anyone fix theirs!

I see the 76 year old still running in the background of your pic............see what I mean?...Hahaha!

The term "died" can vary...... I'd rather fix and oldie any day and after buying new equipment and being disappointed I'm only buying old stuff and restoring it from now on. My Power steering equipped, heated handlebar, headlit Troy-Bilt snow blower locked up on a 1" stone and smoked the belt. The old Simplicity blower I once had built in the 70's could vaporize a small concrete bunny. It happened twice actually!.....
Just a puff of gray dust and kept going. I deeply regret letting that go...

I think the term "well engineered" really describes how cheaply something can be made and last till 1 week after the warranty expires.

I'll take all the old dead snow blowers out there thank you very much, and happy to help anyone fix theirs!
It's been maintained throughout it's life. The last few years it's chugged along but like anything in today's world, there is a time for retirement. It was grossly undersized for a 200' driveway that is 75' of double wide with a 3 car width turn around. Oh and its had it's fair share of vaporizing things. Cobblestone lined gravel driveway. I remember shooting stones 40 ish feet through the air years ago and even when the snow melted from the cars having a few broken windows too.

Last year the 25 year old lawn tractor was retired as well. Maybe we'll go redneck and drop a small block chevy in that for some fun, lol.

I see the 76 year old still running in the background of your pic............see what I mean?...Hahaha!
Definitely don't make them like that anymore, he can't sit still. In the spring and summer months, this place looks like a well maintained golf course.

Maybe we'll go redneck and drop a small block chevy in that for some fun, lol.
What small block Chevy? You really need the cool high tech one from the hot new Land Roll-over Defender v6, so that you can enjoy the check engine light not long after it was driven off the dealer’s lot brand new. I don’t make this up, it is on You Tubbb.

Back