PSU's Peninsula Build

My new black widow nem

Attachments

• 1DAE95F1-4F1D-4AF0-90EA-9FCA729F509A.jpeg
    1DAE95F1-4F1D-4AF0-90EA-9FCA729F509A.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 563
Anyone who has a Waterbox knows the sump setup of the system is limiting.........so it was only a matter of time before you break out. I knew it when I bought it I should have went custom but ph well. Hoping to have the new sump setup operational by Xmas with all the toys added. Bigger return, carx, master flex feed pump, mangroves in the refugium, larger ATO and a skimmer chamber to hold in the stink!

D345003F-CBB0-4404-B4B2-3A40C69A6FDE.jpeg

What lead to swapping the rock out?

Love the new sump set up! The Waterbox sumps are definitely limiting.
It was old rock I collected years ago and cleaned. Just didn’t like the algae it was growing and after 6 months there was no real progress. Thinking back to my old tank, LR from the ocean was the only difference so I bit the bullet

It was old rock I collected years ago and cleaned. Just didn’t like the algae it was growing and after 6 months there was no real progress. Thinking back to my old tank, LR from the ocean was the only difference so I bit the bullet

Understood, very cool. I know people have had a lot of algae troubles with some of the new dry rocks so I was curious if that was happening.

Back