Pumping Waste Water from Basement to First Floor with Condensate Pump

jrushlow

Non-member
This isn't much of a DYI, but it's a very simple solution to my problem:

My RO/DI is in the basement where I do not have a sink or convenient access to any other drain in the basement. I used to have the waste water go into a 30 gallon Brute container, then I would carry 5 gallon buckets of the waste water upstairs and dump it in the sink. I bought a condensate pump at Lowes for $70 that has a head height of 20'. I ran 3/8" vinyl tubing from the pump to the dishwasher drain where I tee'd into the existing line. With all the tubing and fittings it cost me about $110 total.

This is the pump I bought:
"Utilitech Pro 0.33-HP Thermoplastic Condensate Pump"
http://www.lowes.com/pd_240053-1888...=1&currentURL=?Ntt=condensate+pump&facetInfo=

I still need to clean up the tubing a bit, but I've attached a picture (hopefully I did it right) of the running system. The pump kicks on every 5-10 minutes when I'm making clean water, but it's only for several seconds and it's extremely quite. The pump supports 24V 1A alarm pins if the pump fails to work that I am going to hook up to a solenoid valve on the water inlet because eventually the pump will fail.

photo (1).JPG

Back