PVC repair

they make a tool you could cut between the 2 fittings and bore it out and glue in a new piece. I just had to use this to drill out my sink drain coming out of the wall. Better than having to redo the whole thing.
That is crazy cool, I have never seen anything like that before.

they make a tool you could cut between the 2 fittings and bore it out and glue in a new piece. I just had to use this to drill out my sink drain coming out of the wall. Better than having to redo the whole thing.
After deciding to take this route I went to cut the joint and found the problem, the glue had sealed tightly to one side but I was about to pull the other side right out. I have ordered one of these that will hopefully be in Wednesday so I can start my repair. Thank you for showing me this.

When gluing your joints, do you put clue on both pieces, push together than turn about 30 degrees or so? As someone else mentioned and in my experience you can’t just push the two pieces together. Sounds like something was off on this joint

After deciding to take this route I went to cut the joint and found the problem, the glue had sealed tightly to one side but I was about to pull the other side right out. I have ordered one of these that will hopefully be in Wednesday so I can start my repair. Thank you for showing me this.
you could have bought it right at home depot glad i could help make sure you use the cleaner to soften the pvc

When gluing your joints, do you put clue on both pieces, push together than turn about 30 degrees or so? As someone else mentioned and in my experience you can’t just push the two pieces together. Sounds like something was off on this joint
You are right I must have missed something here with all the other joints fine

The 45 degree fitting that you have used looks like a DWV fitting. Those are not made for pressurized lines. It works for drain lines. Since this is a return line, and you are using it in a manifold with ball valves and reducers, there tends to be pressure in that line. Better to replace that with a regular pvc schedule 40 fitting. The hub on the DWV fittings are shallow and may not have formed a good bonding as well.

Cut it along st8 pipe and redo. Err on the side of caution. It's a pia but you'll sleep better knowing it's fixed. I'd union before twist and union after twist. That way you can pull and clean if needed.

So if you look on the internet there is a video where someone uses a vacuum to create suction in the tube (You need to close off each end. Then uses solvent or glue that gets sucked into the hole because of the suction in the tube. I am not sure how well it works but I saw it and thought it was pretty ingenious idea.

Found the link

Back