Question regarding Acans

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
My acans have been inflated and full for a while now but I decided to add about 2 lbs of marco rock that was cleaned and soaked in water change water for 2 days and then epoxied together. I added it to the tank and now my acans are retracted almost completely. I did a WC and ran carbon but still retracted. The epoxy was the gray by D+D and Im wondering if that may be the issue. I was air cured for a day but Im wondering if its leaching out into the water. Any thoughts or experience with this? I usually use aquamend with no problems but unique doesnt carry that and I bought this. I dont know what else I can do besides wait it out. Do you think it was the trace organics from the LR?

Trying to brain storm.

Levels are consistantly
7.5 dkh
1350 pp mag
420 clac
po4-.02
No3 <1

Unique Aquaria in Boston has a filter floss that is designed to filter out toxins (other than the usual ones). I used it when I accidentally dripped paint into the tank while painting the wall.

I think Jeremy does carry that. Do you think that will cause issue with my SPS?? I would only run it for a few hours anyways in the Overflows but I dont want to take any chance with my SpS. Do you have SPS while running the poly pad?

Steve, I have had the same issue with that epoxy. Made the rookie mistake awhile back of believing the "reef-safe" aspect and almost wiped out my tank. I did three successive days of 50% water changes and everything was fine. I would say it's 99% the epoxy.

I think Jeremy does carry that. Do you think that will cause issue with my SPS?? I would only run it for a few hours anyways in the Overflows but I dont want to take any chance with my SpS. Do you have SPS while running the poly pad?

I had sps when I used it.

Back