Rad's 75 gallon mixed reef......

Thanks for the nice comments! For lighting I use a 6X54 watt TEK Elite with a mix of ATI and KZ bulbs . My bulb combo is as follows:

Front.
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Purple Plus
KZ 14000 New Generation
ATI Blue Plus
KZ 14000 New Generation
ATI Blue Plus

I love the KZ New Gens, They produce a really nice bluish white, they make the tank look crisp without washing out the blue too much, I highly recommend them. I run the lights for almost 12 hours.

I added a couple new frags and corals in the past few months...

FTS
IMG_0147.jpg

ORA Goiniopora
IMG_0166.jpg

ORA Grube's Gorgonian, a photosynthetic variety that is fast growing. It has already began to encrust.
IMG_0128.jpg

Purple sea whip gorgonian, photosynthetic.
IMG_0133.jpg

Branching Hammer
IMG_0150.jpg

I feed Rod's frozen 3X weekly and the gorgonians seem to respond well to it. I also started to dose potassium iodide, the product is called Vibrance by Aquavitro. I've been dosing for only a week or so, no notable changes so far.

looks good dude! i like how the RBT is kind of wandering, mine always did that!

The tank look super clean and I bet the flow is great, keep it up!

Three of them wandered right into the MP40.... I have one small one left that is recovering...
The stand was prebuilt, I couldn't build my own at the time that I upgraded cuz I had a broken foot. I bought it from fish tanks direct, it is 3/4" oak and has a nice canopy with cabinet doors that I just don't use, it is called the oak dynasty extreme I think. I am waiting to see how people like the echotech radions and will add them to the canopy this summer if they get good reviews.

Last edited:
Thanks! I lost my green birds eat and my bird of paradise colony shortly after I upgraded lights. I placed the colonies too high in the tank and scorched them.... I waited too long to move them when I saw signs of it. I didn't think I was gonna have to acclimate since I went from 5 36watt to 6 54watt T5 bulbs. Stupid mistake. Pretty disappointing since they were almost 2 years old.

Last edited:
Looks great love the gorgonians
Thanks, I think they make things look more authentic. The purple one just shed it's skin today, its pretty cool to see, it looks so much brighter, crazy animal...

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back