Recurring memberships

Joe Rice

Staff member
BRS Member
If you have a recurring membership and think you might have purchased it before we switched over to the new forum software (May 2017) please read this this post.

There is a glitch with these older subscriptions. Your PayPal account sends BRS the money but the forum software doesn't renew your membership automatically. I've been fixing this manually every time it happens, but it's time-consuming and I'd like to stop having to do this.

So I need you to cancel your subscription in PayPal if you have one of these older subscriptions. To do this:

1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

2. Under Automatic Payments on the left of the page, click on 'Boston Reefers Society, Inc.' You may have to click on the See More button at the bottom of the list.

3. Make sure it's a recurring subscription. If it is, you should see this:

BRS_2.PNG

4. Scroll to the bottom of the page. It should look like this:

BRS_1.PNG

5. If instead of "Individual BRS Membership Subscription" it says "Account upgrade: Individual BRS Membership (recurring)" then you have a newer subscription and you don't need to do anything.

6. Scroll back to the top of the page. Click the Cancel button to cancel this subscription.

BRS_5.PNG

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this!

Joe

Hey Joe why my accoiunt is supended? I paid september 11 last year...So my membership still good, what should I do? I need to post a sale and I cant

I just cancelled! How Do I Renew the subscription ?
I think we gotta wait until we are booted from
Membership or re-up the month it previously expired. If you upgrade now I think that may double charge you for this year.

Joe will correct me if I am wrong.

I just cancelled! How Do I Renew the subscription ?
Click on your name where it appears on the top of the page and then click Account Upgrades. But you might want to wait until it's close to the end of your current subscription period to renew so you get the full year. You can see your current subscription at the bottom of the Account Upgrade page.

I think we gotta wait until we are booted from
Membership or re-up the month it previously expired. If you upgrade now I think that may double charge you for this year.

Joe will correct me if I am wrong.

Essentially that's correct. You'll have two overlapping memberships for the remainder of your original subscription period.

My account just renewed and I was charged the $20. If I cancel and start a new membership won’t it charge me an additional $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to stop your subscription from the PayPal side and still be good with BRS without starting a new membership. If it somehow cancels your BRS membership, just let me know. Then next year when your membership expires you can purchase a new recurring membership through the BRS site.

Can you renew my forum membership. I was charged for the renewal last week or the week before I believe, and just expired apparently. Thank you.

Oops, My membership payment was made on October 30th but I am showing as a non-member. I thought I changed the reoccurring membership a while ago.

transaction number - 9DV52801EC2903452

I think my membership is messed up. I just saw the PayPal go through but now it says I’m not a member. What do you want me to do. I can cancel the PayPal subscription but it already went through

I think my membership is messed up. I just saw the PayPal go through but now it says I’m not a member. What do you want me to do. I can cancel the PayPal subscription but it already went through
I just upgraded you.

Ok thanks don’t still need to remove the PayPal subscription so next year it’s rightv

You might want to cancel the subscription and redo it next year. Only way is through PayPal though - can't do it through our site.

Back