Red Sea Max Led Retrofit

67belvedere

Non-member
Looking for suggestions on what to use and where to get it. How many blue and white led do i need for a 34 gallon tank. I would like to be able to put both hard and soft corals or a clam if i want. Also want to do a retro fit into the original hood to keep the stock look. let me know what you think

The ratio of blue to white depends on which LEDs you use. If you use the newest white LED's XP-G's the ratio seems to be 40:60 white:blue. If you use some of the "older" LEDs XR-E or XP-E it's closer to a 50:50 ratio.

Check out this place...http://www.nanotuners.com/ They have pre-fab LED retros.

12 blues 12 whites, i suggest the xr-e q5 from dealextreme for price and its color. its actually fairly warm which fills in parts of the spectrum that the even cooler cool whites dont such as the ones that come from led supply. im talking about wg vs wc color bin (im crazy)

for the number you might as well go with meanwells for driving.

if you do this with no optics you will be able to have a lower light bottom area and a high light top area, then for the clam either keep it higher up(more natural anyways) or put tighter optics on a couple of leds over the clam (could looks weird)

Back