Reef-a-palooza NYC 2021

We usually go to all of these but with the whole covid split time slot things we just weren't feeling it. Especially since we only go because we know the guys that run the Cali show so we just hang out with them the whole time but with the no being able to hang out we aren't wasting our money

Is anyone else going this year? It would be nice to meet up with any club members who are going on Saturday.
Having never been to one of these shows, do most people go to buy stuff (coral, fish, equipment I assume) or is it more of a show to learn stuff and vendor booths?

We usually go to all of these but with the whole covid split time slot things we just weren't feeling it. Especially since we only go because we know the guys that run the Cali show so we just hang out with them the whole time but with the no being able to hang out we aren't wasting our money
The split time thing is exactly why im not going to attend either.

We will be there for the last session Sunday afternoon. Several hours of coral shopping is actually plenty of time and will save me some serious money for those impulse buys had I spend more time there. Looking forward to next weekend for some great time there. Hoping to score some good pieces to bring home and grow out. RAPNY here we come!

Having never been to one of these shows, do most people go to buy stuff (coral, fish, equipment I assume) or is it more of a show to learn stuff and vendor booths?
It’s like going to a flea market lol there used to be some speakers but don’t know if it’s happening this year. Wonder how they’re going to pull off the raffles.

+1 on not going this year as it was a great experience last trip. This whole limited time frame rushes you through the event and as much as i agree to saving money that way it could lead to bad decisions due to time frame. Not worth it to me IMO having gone to the last one before the whole covid scenario! LOL

It definitely is a great experience and looking forward to next year hopefully w/no restrictions.

Good luck to those going and hope you score some great deals! I'll be super jealous. LOL

yup! saturday morning to get them good pieces
I'll definitely meet up and chat for a while/walk around if you're interested! Anyone else is more than welcome to join. I'll also be posting a story on the BRS instagram page @bostonreeferssociety for those interested in seeing the show!

Generally speaking no. You might get some deals towards the end of the show if you haggle a bit
I'm going more for the trade show aspect. Although I'm upgrading to a 57 from my 20 by years end my fiancé and I have something MUCH bigger planned for our new house in the coming year or two

I'm going more for the trade show aspect. Although I'm upgrading to a 57 from my 20 by years end my fiancé and I have something MUCH bigger planned for our new house in the coming year or two
Nice, can't wait to see that 800 gallon masterpiece.

Generally speaking no. You might get some deals towards the end of the show if you haggle a bit

Really? I ALWAYS get deals at the shows.... I never buy a coral at what they have it listed at. Granted I dont buy those highly sought out frags so that is probably why.

Hey for people who go both days, what do you do if you buy coral on Sat? Will vendors hold till Sunday? Just curious as we'll be there Sat and Sunday.

Back