Reef tank upgrading to 250 starfire

i actually got it from krystal clear aquatics......they had this one quarantined for quite while, its def bigger than the one at jays....i called jays and they told me it was less than 3 inches small...so that was not suitable in my tank with 8 tangs.....so this one is about 4-4 1/2 inches big... so at least it will stand up for its self with my other tangs that are about the same size....

1. sohal tang
2.achilles tang
3.purple tang
4. powder brown tang
5. 2 blue hippo tangs
6. yellow mimic tang
7. sailfin tang
8. blue jaw trigger fish
9. cherry head wrasse
10.leopard wrasse
11.ORA mandarin goby
12. 2 ORA black/white clowns
13. snowflake clown
14.mocha clown
15.bone's reef picasso clown
16.rod's onyx clown
17. arc eye hawk fish
18.starry blenny
19.magnificent foxface
20.6 damsels of different kind
21.Yellow Stripe Scolopsis
22.gold banded shrimp
and i think thats it............

Holy ******** lol...... I guess it works it's self out with aggression..... With 12 damsels and clowns and all the tangs ..... Dude post of a video of feeding time must be sick

o yea especially when i throw in the nori sheet........ill post a video later on when i go home...im @ work right now.....but dude they eat like there is no tomorrow! especially the tangs and trigger and the foxy............

yes they do...my achilles tang isnt doing too well.as he broke out with ich....i went over to skiptons today to purchase some copper for my new qt tank......i spoke with b and he told me that to quaranteen an achilles tang it has to be a qt tank of about 75-90 tank as they will stress to death in my 10g qt.....and they need alot of flow in the water. So as of right now im treating my achilles along with its tankmates (though i dont see ich on them) with food soaked in garlic as well as water changes and i added a current USA 25 watt uv sterilizer.....as i dont have a 75+ tank or the correct equipment or the space to make such big quaranteen tank. but i will look into it though.
so right now i will be baby sitting my achilles and just hope for the best.

How did ur tangs make out?

they made out pretty good..kinda late response just going through old threads and saw ur last post. they are doing really good...i just added a 10 inch blonde naso tang from skiptons and will be picking up another purple tang at the meeting. i took couple pictures and videos..will upload them later on when my boss isnt around......lol

Thought i would raise this thread from the dead...... I never ended selling the tank or it's residents as I truly didn't want to get rid of anything....so i thought it would be nice to upgrade a couple things......

1.) Lighting- got rid of the 99 3watt Cree DIY LEDs
Upgraded to 4 ecotech radion xr30 LEDs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342839765.461200.jpg
320c9a11-1ecd-0dd9.jpg

I'm going to pull an all nighter to install these and fire them up... Hopefully play with them for a bit.

2.) Reefkeeper- just did I simple upgrade from a reefkeeper elite to upgraded model Reefkeeper elite V2
And adding the sl2 and net module to it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342840054.909939.jpg

3) will be getting rid of my 2 mp40's and going 2 mp60's wireless but that's not till next week... As I have to take care of some priorities first....

That's about it on upgrades so I'll probably need some help in programming the radions,

Also will be removing some live rock to have more open space for flow.....
And probably re do the stand and canopy in white glass finish.. And that's about it on the progress.......:D

Back