Reef tank upgrading to 250 starfire

I highly recommend you take a look under the floor of the cabinet and make sure there is adequate support for the sump. Many times, large cabinets settle over time, and I have seen the floors of very expensive stands break down under the weight of even modest (65 gallon) sumps. If the floor doesn't have cross bracing, you should add it. Also, if the tank is really wide, you might put an adjustable foot (from Rockler in Cambridge) or a shimmed foot under the middle of the floor. these cabinet makers do not engineer their cabinets for large sumps.

Just saw this thread now..... Gorgeous tank! I love tangs too! When I had it my 120g I had 3 tangs and one of them was a black tang that I loved..... You should add one for your collection they are one of the most pretty ones

Nice Rodrigo! I also just saw this thread today... The tangs are incredible. Aquascaping is also very nicely done!!

thanks for the kind words guys...yes my tangs are lovely and they were carefully selected...as im phobic to any fish disease....
Well after adding my gorgious sohal tang......i have finally added my most wanted fish ...."my dream fish" please give a round of applause to my newest fish.....the achillis tang! lol jk....but yes i got my achilles yesterday night...he is about 4 inches...really nice color,fat and eating very well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alright so..most of u guys might ask....how do i introduce a new tang into a tank full of tangs.....what i do is "the mirror trick"....i dont knnow how common this is but i was reading a thread on tangs and tang behavior....soyou put a mirror in front of the glass....if possible from all angles..but i dot have another mirror so i used what i had and it works.....before introducing my achilles, i put the mirro so the other tangs would be destracted by there own image....while they are fighting with there reflection i introduced my achilles....... my other tangs payed no attention to my achilles for a little while.....though they did freak out when they saw such beautful fish... i did see a littl aggresion from 3 tangs, my sohal,purple and powder brown....once i saw this, i quickly threw in a rock clip with 2 sheets of nory and they glanced for it, i will be leaving the mirror on for a couple days to see how they act.

i did the same process when i add my sohal and she is fine with the other tangs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back