Reef tank upgrading to 250 starfire

so my tank is doing pretty good,up to date with water changes and levels seem to stay stable without dosing much...thanks to red sea cp salt......ive finally added on of my favorite fish.....my sohal tang...after being qt for almost 6 months of observation.and 2 hours acclimating....she is a beauty!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

picture where kinda hard to take since she is a fast swimmer.....
i was going to intoduce my achilles tang together with my gorgious sohal...but its still being qt but will intro her next week.....wat do u guys think?

O man dude my tank looks alot better in person...pics are taken by an iphone......im a tang freak! I love there personality....at night they all line up in front of my vortech ad just swim against the current......its amazing! I cant waite for my achilles! I have 8 tangs in a 250 gal with zero nitrates!

this is my pico 3g tank at my office..thought i would share it......keeps me relaxed at work (work can be very stressful)..........
planning to do a mini reef ....just waiting for rgb led's to come in.....

Very nice upgrade sir
That skimmer must hold at least 20g right? empty out that beast and your water change is done!

I have that same 3g pico tank. One huge tip, before thinking about any corals or sensitive inverts, plan out and test a auto top off. keeping the water quality good is easy, but salinity is a impossible feat without 2x per day or more manual top offs.
For mine i use a par 30, and everything is really happy.

.......anytime you decide to downgrade from that big tang setup, ill trade ya my 90. LOL.

Looking good! How big is the sohal? Looks huge already. You must go through a ton of nori. What so you feed all those guys?

Looking good! How big is the sohal? Looks huge already. You must go through a ton of nori. What so you feed all those guys?

i feed them alot of nori...you should see these guys fight over it....they go crazy for the nori....sometimes i wish i had algae in the tank......ive gone through 3 systems already (rsm250,120 gal acrylic and now 250 starfire) and never had algae problems! but yea i feed them mysis,brine,silversides and nori....o and pellets.............i dont overfeed them..this is just a random veriety of food i have to offer them........

sohal is about 4 inches....i wanted her small so i can watch this fish over grow my tank...(good excuse to upgrade again)lol

Very nice upgrade sir
That skimmer must hold at least 20g right? empty out that beast and your water change is done!

I have that same 3g pico tank. One huge tip, before thinking about any corals or sensitive inverts, plan out and test a auto top off. keeping the water quality good is easy, but salinity is a impossible feat without 2x per day or more manual top offs.
For mine i use a par 30, and everything is really happy.

.......anytime you decide to downgrade from that big tang setup, ill trade ya my 90. LOL.

yea i have to put 1 cup of water every morning...lol..im not trying to go crzy on the pico....its just a tank that relaxes me at work.....and customers love it! we stop talking about business and end up having reef talk.....lol
i believe my skimmer can house about 20-30 gal in it body...........its rated for 1k gal.....needed a strong skimmer to support my bioload of tangs i have.....
and for led's on the pico i bought some cheap $35 dollar rgb led's from ebay.....

just about 5 lb of live rock a jumbo nemo,yellow watch man goby, 2 Condylactis nems and thats it..o and 2 hermits...setup is only been up and running since friday.......

Back