Reefkeeping

#4 on the Top Ten List was submitted by Mark Spencer of Andover, MA. Is that anyone here?

Randy has some great article's, but sometime's I can't sit through the chemistry article's(by any author). I feel as if I am back in high school waiting for the bell to ring.

Talk about coincidence... just a couple of days ago I noticed something "weird" in my tank, some kind of invertebrate that lives in a tube and that seemed to put out a spider-like web and then reel it in later... I had never heard of that before, was really curious what it might be... and today I saw the article about vermetid snails in the magazine, that's exactly what I have! Now I'm hoping it's the kind that doesn't reproduce to plague-like quantities...

Nuno

Nuno, that is exactly why I posted a link to this mag. It has been one of my best resources...

Last edited:
jango: I agree, it's always very informative and inspirational... some stuff is a bit dense to read, but always worth it... I get the automated email when it comes out, and usually go and read it all in one sitting.

Nuno

I think I have vermetid's as well. I always thought it was a spaghetti worm. I guess I don't know what a spaghetti worm is now. hmmm.

Wow, three of the things I've been wondering about were pictured in that article. I thought something was wrong with my clam because of two big mucus strands that are always there. Turns out it is two of those vermetid thingies living on the shell. Now how do I get rid of them so there isn't always a big snotty thing hanging off of my clam?

I would think you could just scrape it off. I have never tried to get rid of them though..

Back