Reseller rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting this run, but all, please take a deep breath and re-read/take a minute before hitting "post reply".

Discussions are great and seldom seen lately, but keep emotions in check. There are always two sides to every story.

BRS is a community working together :)

MndfulBeath.gif

I have been seeing this go on very much lately. As well as basement flippers buying anything they can get their hands on to then want to resell for hell lot more out of their so called "business".

BAHAHAHA okay. The coral is indeed what it was sold as. Believe what you want by whatever "expert" told you so. The same coral is in many tanks and it looks different in each one. The original owner has the lineage on it and I have it and it was confirmed. So before you start running your pie hole, know what you're talking about.
That seems mildly inappropriate coming from a shop owner...

That seems mildly inappropriate coming from a shop owner...
Only mildly....
I'd be mad if a dude was egging me on calling me a liar too(VERY nontongue in cheek in his own post. Which I found in poor taste if we are asking opinions), tbh.
DSCN5260.jpg

4170Image039.jpg

These arent even a similar polyp structure.
If I recall correctly the sps sold to Pablo has a bulbous almost smooth looking coralite. LJ is rigid almost like a tenius or a stag.

UC-PURPLE-MONSTER-ACRO-FRAG-Acropora-WYSIWYG-Coral.jpg

EC0709-86-1080x1080.jpg

di

Last edited:
But he wouldn't have called her out on it had she not tried calling others out.... the whole glass houses thing. I'm not on anyone's side here I'm just simply saying that the reputable way of handling that situation would've been to offer an exchange or refund if the coral was not as described...

I would be curious if this thread was their first exchange.

If people are unhappy with a deal, they need to reach out and see what’s up. This thread at least points out why some people are upset with local stuff being shipped out of the area and being priced out of a fair marketplace here by having it go elsewhere. I understand that concern 100%.

The other point as mentioned above by someone, if you are selling something and someone wants to buy it at asking price. Would you say no to them and risk sitting on it for the next month or two or never selling it? You don’t know if the market is looking for what you are selling, and if someone offers asking price often that is worth the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, what ever happened to buyer be ware? We are asking the club to regulate buying and selling? So we want the people that already stepped up and donated their time to donate even more of their time because we can’t accept responsibility for our own actions? Seriously?

Put on your big boy pants, look at the deal, if you like the deal....move forward with it. If you don’t like the deal....don’t move forward with it. Pretty damned simple.

Free market has always and will continue to regulate itself. Don’t like what the seller is doing? Don’t buy from them. The seller will either disappear or make corrections.

This kind of stuff boggles my mind. The mentality of people. If you are an idiot it is not the clubs or anyone else’s fault....it is your own fault. Look in the mirror, say sh**! I’m an idiot! I’m not going to do that again! And move on remembering that valuable life lesson.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Charlie Brown is not a racist. Baby it’s Cold Outside is not about date rape. Live and let live, everyone monitor their own actions, do what YOU believe is the right thing, don’t stick your damned nose in everyone else’s business and your own life will be so much better.

But he wouldn't have called her out on it had she not tried calling others out.... the whole glass houses thing. I'm not on anyone's side here I'm just simply saying that the reputable way of handling that situation would've been to offer an exchange or refund if the coral was not as described...
I guess I agree. I'd still like to see proof it's not a PM and that it's a LJ. I'm not into sps and I can see the difference.

Pablo should be quiet about burning people anyways. Burned me hard when I first started and I didnt say a word....until right now I guess. But I guess I couldve posted them for sale as elmafasio's maxi mini nems which was actually a rhoadatis but I didnt know better back then.

Last edited:
Obviously nothing can be done, it is what it is. Again, like a broken record, seller/buying rating system helped before.

Personally my biggest gripe is the high percentage of people who just blow you off last minute. So f***g annoying, even more so given the age groups that tend to be the one's doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree not much can be done, unfortunately. But the buyer/seller rating system seems to have worked previously, as other members have stated.

However, age shouldnt matter at all. Anyone of any age can blow someone off, or no show.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is I feel pretty lucky because I've been on here since 2012 and lurking for about a year before that and I've always had great experiences with buying and selling. Ive gotten a lot of great advice from folks. I'm shocked to see the saltiness going around lately. It's definitely a different group now than it was then but there's still a lot of great people on here. Whenever I see people posting pics I make it a point to compliment their setup because after all this is suppose to be a hobby forum. NOW LET'S SEE SOME FTS GOD DAMNIT! yeah that's right I just hijacked this thread and turned it into the most bizarre FTS thread in BRS history.

By the way, I don't go around naming corals whatever I want. I told you from the get go I could prove lineage and you disregarded it, so this sounds like a YOU problem.

The acro that you sold me was definately not purple acro, you should stop selling it as such. Somewhere down the line someone swapped the very rare acro with a Larry Jackson.

By the way, I don't go around naming corals whatever I want. I told you from the get go I could prove lineage and you disregarded it, so this sounds like a YOU problem.

You did not name it, you chopped it up right after getting it from KCA selling it $75". It is a me problem since I have a colony of it that should sell for $1000+ but its larry jackson a coral one gives away for the price of - on the hause. I didn't even naame the thing. I just making sure that buyers are aware, Since that seems to be the the topic your squad keeps preaching.

To be fair I watched those corals for months sit and die at KCA. Bert and Angel took it in as purple monster, rehabbed it and got all however many chunks there were back in good health and color. I just looked up Larry Jackson and I actually think the LJ looks better, but that's just my nonstickhead opinion.

To be fair, you have nothing to do with this and are using your athority as a bod to speak on the subject. You are already biased. Reread what you have written, edit it, and re-write ina none condecending manor. Yoyur a bod, respecte

Obviously nothing can be done, it is what it is. Again, like a broken record, seller/buying rating system helped before.

Personally my biggest gripe is the high percentage of people who just blow you off last minute. So f***g annoying, even more so given the age groups that tend to be the one's doing it.

What is wrong with the age group? Sounds like there are other issue at hand here other than the reselling. You can't eliniate someone, or discrimanate on someone due to age or imply that there is something wrong with an action due to the age group. It called being fair... You're being biased.

All I'm saying is I feel pretty lucky because I've been on here since 2012 and lurking for about a year before that and I've always had great experiences with buying and selling. Ive gotten a lot of great advice from folks. I'm shocked to see the saltiness going around lately. It's definitely a different group now than it was then but there's still a lot of great people on here. Whenever I see people posting pics I make it a point to compliment their setup because after all this is suppose to be a hobby forum. NOW LET'S SEE SOME FTS GOD DAMNIT! yeah that's right I just hijacked this thread and turned it into the most bizarre FTS thread in BRS history.

I get it, I'm normally passive... Shoot a joke here or there. Just a lot of negativity going around. All I saind was: "CrazyHorseLadylady’s purple monster - free with any purchase - not the real deal Paid $75 1” "

Which is a true statement. Crazyhorselady, confimed that that be her colony.

Only mildly....
I'd be mad if a dude was egging me on calling me a liar too(VERY nontongue in cheek in his own post. Which I found in poor taste if we are asking opinions), tbh.
View attachment 123700
View attachment 123701

These arent even a similar polyp structure.
If I recall correctly the sps sold to Pablo has a bulbous almost smooth looking coralite. LJ is rigid almost like a tenius or a stag.

View attachment 123702
View attachment 123703
di

Again??? "CrazyHorseLadylady’s purple monster - free with any purchase - not the real deal Paid $75 1” " how is this statement as you are discribbing? It is a factual statement... You are still trashing me though. What you are doing out of the blue is poor taste for the postion you are in.

The first is definately what she sold me. The second is probably what KCA andf yourself sold her as purple monster, that was dying and you had to chop up to save... Due to the uncalled evident you brough here today young buck, I have some to understand that it was her genuin mistake. As my reputation proceeds me I will end my turkey meat with crazyhorselady and swallow my $1000 loss growing a coral your squad missnamed and sold to her.. I found where the liniage was lost. Thanks for the clarification.

As for the maximinis I sold you as rodhcatids, Return them to me and I will echanhge a coral for every 2 of my fireshrooms/rhodactids you fot from me for $25... I have a %300 exchange coral exchange policy. Ask around broheam. Nice to know your fake self feels...

Pleanty of popcorn, ready for a discusion. Muhahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back