Well It's my turn for dead equipment rant

The Reef Pit

Non-member
I should not complain much as they lasted longer than I thought,, So first I came home and don't know how many days it was but my Jeabo WP40 crapped out, The controller looks like it works, all the lights are on, I took the pump apart cleaned everything and it still did not work. It lasted almost 2 years to the day,, So after going back and forth for a day weather to spend $350.00 on the mp-40 or $80.00 on a RW-15 or $67.00 on another WP40, I went with the RW-15 so far I am happy.
Now this morning I wake up and my skimmer is not working, It is a 4 year old Eshopps PSK-100, this is not the first time it has happened, I usually take it apart and clean it and it works fine , but today that was no the case,, So for my foot print and water height I decided to go with the The Classic 160 Protein Skimmer by Reef Octopus, I have been looking at it for awhile for my 75g so this gave me a reason to get it this morning. Should be hear in a few days, I hope my system is fin till then,, I am going to do a water change and carbon today just to be safe. The expenses of reefing.. Thats my rant fellow reefers reef on ..

Dom

Either way this was really a good ending if you think about it.
Ya they lasted longer than I thought , Funny thing is I got the protein skimmer to work last night, and it was running this morning still, but I am glad I have a new one on the way. This one was only supposed to be temporary, I just didn't think 4 years temporary..lol

Back