ro/di filter life

dakar652

dakar652
anyone know the approximate life of each individual variety of filters used in RO/DI units? i'm going to be ordering replacement filters for my recently purchased (used) 5 stage aquafx setup...and i'm thinking of ordering equal amounts of all media (2 sediment, 2 carbon, and 2 DI resin refill packs good for one full change of filters now, and one in the future). Does anyone out there know if you go through more sediment filters, or any other type than the others, throughout the usage of the filter?

Really depends a lot on the quality of the water entering the RO unit.
I change out the sediment filters about every 2 months. Their cheap and take out the major solids so they clog up quicker.
I change out my carbon filters every 10- 12 months.
The RO membrane about every 3 years.
I run two refillable DI cartridges rotating them,adding the fresh one last in line. Varies, but I get about 2 months out of a refill.
I use around 225- 250 gals of RODI a month.

WOW! you use a LOT of salt water!!! HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!! that's a TON of salt water! how big are your tanks?

thank you, by the way...your answer is actually very helpful, even though i use less water than you do. i can apply the ratio and get the correct results.

oops...sorry, i neglected to read your signature prior to posting...which reminds me, i have to update my signature...think i'll do that. thanks again!

-mike

WOW! you use a LOT of salt water!!! HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!! that's a TON of salt water! how big are your tanks?

thank you, by the way...your answer is actually very helpful, even though i use less water than you do. i can apply the ratio and get the correct results.

Only use about 120 gals of salt water a month the rest is topoff.:)

Back