RO/DI questions

Mr. Slippery

Reads more, Posts less
ok 2 questions regarding my RO/DI....it's the water general one from ebay.

first, what is the top filter(sometimes they're clear) is that the DI filter? The whole unit fell and the casing for that top filter is cracked. I'm at work and don't have the paperwork for it with me, and I need to order another one.

Second, I need a faucet adapter for it. Are these the right ones?
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SP-QUICKKIT
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KENT-FAUCET
Whats the difference between these 2. I would think they'd be universal.

I'm trying to order these right now but I cant get them from the company on ebay because my address in unconfirmed.

The clear canister on top of the unit is the DI filter. I don't think there's any difference between those two adapters you linked to, other than brand.

Nuno

The only difference i see is that this 1 (SpectraPure Quick-Connect Kit)is for 1/4 inch tubing

Like i said Nuno,that was the only difference i saw.(i didn`t know that lol)

Right, didn't mean that in a negative way, was just letting Matt know that the other one is probably 1/4" too.

Nuno

I have an ro/di unit from ebay that I bought a month ago, and when I bought it, I bought the faucet adapter to go with it. The only problem I had was that the faucet adapter was made to thread around the sink faucet, but when I took the aerator off my faucet, the threads are on the inside. All I had to do was take the little faucet adapter to Ace and one of the guys grabbed me the piece, and said that the piece was mostly universal for the faucets that have threads on the inside. Just an FYI, I don't know if my case was different, but both my kitchen sink faucet and both my bathroom faucet's worked that way.

Mine are on the inside on all the sinks in the house too. :mad: why can't something just go smoothly for one day. First the dentist tells me I have to get my wisdom teeth removed, then I get locked out of the house, and then while breaking in I knocked over my RO/DI unit, all on the only day I can make water because the outside hose is thawed enough. freakin aggravating

Auuuh I sowwy!! Well at least now you know to go grab the little thing, I went out at like 8:55 when they closed at 9 and I just made it. Oh and wisdom teeth, I had an awful time getting mine out, they had to wake me up 1/2 way through because my heart rate went up, so I sat in the chair crying while they pulled out the last 2 teeth. Then I had to dry sockets (Oweey!!) Thank God I had them done all at once, I highly recomend that! Hope your day goes better now!! :eek:

I would try to use warmer water than the outside hose. water temp of 70 to 80 degrees will make RO more efficiantly than cold water.

frazmanw said:
I would try to use warmer water than the outside hose. water temp of 70 to 80 degrees will make RO more efficiantly than cold water.

would you like to come over and install an inside garden hose line and outlet for me?

trust me I don't have a choice seeing as I've been told I cant use the kitchen or bathroom sinks either.

If you have a hot water heater in the basement, there is usually a couple of valves with threading on it that the ro unit might fit. Also near the water meter too. Just a thought

wrassefan said:
If you have a hot water heater in the basement, there is usually a couple of valves with threading on it that the ro unit might fit. Also near the water meter too. Just a thought

However do not directly hook to hot water. You must mix hot and cold.

I use a washing machine quick disconnect for mine. I have one for my Python, and one for the RO. I snap the connector onto the kitchen sink use it and unsnap it.

I set to like 70 or 80 degrees and make water like crazy.

Jamie

Sorry for any confusion....the cold water that leads to the hotwater heater is what I should have said.

I'll check it out when I get home from work. I think the main line near the meter is a no go. if I recall there is just a huge gate valve and no other threaded ports.

Back