Sad day!

pbienkiewicz

Non-member
When I came home today I noticed that one of my breeding B&W clownfish was not coming out. So I decided to feed them to see what was up and after feeding them I still could not locate it in the tank. After some looking around I found the female clownfish on the floor. I am at my wits end with this hobby right now. Then I had my tank crash 3 months ago and it wiped out all of my SPS coral that I have had for years. This was from adding/overfeeding phytoplankton that I was culturing. It caused an ammonia/nitrate spikes in my tank and I did not get to do a water change in time to save stuff. I was culturing the phytoplankton to feed the rotifers for the clown eggs. Oh yeah, then the rotifer cultures crashed a month ago too. I fed them but did not harvest them for a couple of days. Yeah my fault, I should have known better. UGH!!!

I'm sorry man this sucks. Do you have a ground probe in the tank? I had my male onyx clown jump out of my tank due to stray volts in the tank. Sense then I have a ground probe in my tank at all times

when fish jump it secks . I hadn't seen my leopard wrasse in a couple days so I went looking for him and found him on a shelf next to the tank . I also lost my Naso Tang for no apparent reason . My only clue was that he was darting around the tank a bit the night before . no idea why

Wow! That's too bad. This entire hobby is learning from your mistakes and trying to learn from others to avoid the same mistakes.

Do not give in so easily. You will miss it if you do.

Yeah that really does stink. I have a mesh top on mine. Still get great air flow and no salt build up but keeps the fish insides. Lightweight easy to take off definitely the way to go

Back